Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump will not be investigated for potential conflicts of interest. How do you feel about this?

Trump will not be investigated for potential conflicts of interest. How do you feel about this?

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/watch-wolf-blitzer-batters-jason-chaffetz-for-refusing-to-investigate-trumps-conflicts-of-interest/

Posted - February 8, 2017

Responses

I feel just fine.

A politician is elected to represent someone else, but he has to avoid getting caught representing any specific group. So who gets represented? Whoever is able to get represented. That is a conflict of interest no matter what.

A government's only purpose is to prevent any other group from taking control. A citizen's duty is to control his government. That is a conflict of interest no matter what. That is why a government always eventually treats its citizens as enemies of the state. Always.
      February 8, 2017 6:54 PM MST

• Interesting perspective but fortunately that's not the case everywhere.. many governments do act in the interests of their people and very much do listen to their people.. for instance.. the ugly hideous one wants to come get a state visit here.. and most of the people are utterly outraged, esp given his *teams* dip-whatsit comments about the vile one not wanting a lecture from CHarles or he might *explode* so because a certain number of people have indicated they are not happy to have the revolting imbecile get a state visit this now has to be debated... there are many exampled of u-turns because the public demanded it.. politicians are elected by the public here and they are to serve and be responsive to the wishes of the public.. 

February 9, 2017 1:22 AM MST

I feel that whatever the rules and laws are, they aren't for Trump. He is exempted from everything. 
      February 8, 2017 7:57 PM MST

Rich people perks?
    corruption is rampant
      February 8, 2017 11:03 PM MST

• Seem like a bunch of cowards and sycophants to me.. too scared to mess with the Trumpet? Hmm doesn't bode well for the wellbeing of the country a mad leader in charge and no one can stop him... dangerous!
      February 9, 2017 1:24 AM MST

• I think any suspicion or possibility of conflicts should be investigated.  To be honest I think there should be a mandatory investigation for conflicts of interest for every new President.
    I kinda see Chaffettz point but refuse to accept as a reason to not follow through with an investigation on such a serious issue. I'm sick and tired of  politicians having more wiggle room for charges and investigations than the citizens.  It  should be the other way around. My view is that when you are elected it should be that  you voluntarily suspend certain rights and privileges by taking the position. Your privacy for example should much less as opposed to much more than the people you chose to represent. We the people own you for as long as you choose to serve.
      February 9, 2017 3:46 AM MST