Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » I am in awe of those who are very smart and share what they know without being condescending. It floats my boat. What awes you? Why?

I am in awe of those who are very smart and share what they know without being condescending. It floats my boat. What awes you? Why?

Posted - February 9, 2017

Responses

• Twilight, when the stars blink into life. It has a feeling of the numinous, and in that there is always awe.
      February 9, 2017 3:33 PM MST

Nice. Oh if we are talking about nature then  the Aurora Borealis awes me though I have only ever seen it via TV. Thank you for your reply Didge! :)
      February 10, 2017 6:47 AM MST

• I saw the Aurora Australis once when I was about 8 years old -- that would have been about the end of the war. I don't think it's been seen this far north since then. It was very unusual.
      February 10, 2017 2:03 PM MST

Aurora Australis? Never heard of that Didge. Is it comparable to the Northern Lights? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 11, 2017 2:27 AM MST

• Yep. Same thing, opposite magnetic pole. 
      February 11, 2017 2:44 AM MST

Hah! I did not know that! Now I do thanks to you! So there are two places in the world I could go to see that awesome display up close and personal! Great to know!:) You just doubled my chances!  
      February 11, 2017 3:07 AM MST

Math is awesome. I like listening and watching videos of lectures or classes taught by professors like Richard Feynman on solving problems on quantum physics. He makes it look easy! 
      February 9, 2017 5:17 PM MST

You know that I am a quantum physics groupie, right? I have tons of books on the subject, all of which I"ve read, not all of which I understand completely but I understand enough to be awed. Richard Feynman was a one-of-a-kind. Ever see a video of him on the drums? He was such a smart man, singular guy, entertaining as he** and so approachable. Not that I ever had that chance. It was just that persona he communicated. He was the one who figured out why the O ring failed on one of missions. Something to do with cold water freezing them? It's a  long-ago and vague remembrance. You've probably got his book "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman"! It's a hoot and a holler! Good choice Marguerite. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      February 10, 2017 6:52 AM MST

I'm in awe of a couple people here with their supernaturally blind faith in the POTUS. He can do no wrong no matter what he spews out of his mouth.
      February 10, 2017 2:09 PM MST

I don't get that either Zack. I think his supporters/worshippers are a different species and live on a different planet with different  views of what is good and what sucks bigtime! No other explanation for it. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 11, 2017 2:29 AM MST