Discussion » Questions » Business » The power of the US presidency is being used to promote a family brand. Do you like/no like? Why?

The power of the US presidency is being used to promote a family brand. Do you like/no like? Why?

Posted - February 9, 2017

Responses

• You know what? I am shocked! And I don't shock easily!  I'd have thought America would be the last place that could or should happen! We get American shows over here, as you get Brit ones. here and I imagine there ALL ads on clothing, machines, cars etc are blurred out..  In other words no one gets free advertising... 

I thought that was due to morals.. but perhaps just about money but even so to give the biggest, most inappropriate free advertising like that is awful!  THere's no way that should be allowed..  

When I was a Parish Councillor, (the lowest, lowest form of Government there is) we had to declare ALL interests and we weren't allowed to take part in any discussion or vote on anything that we had conflict of interests over.. and we had to declare interests.. By that the Trumpet wouldn't be allowed to make decisions on anything almost cos anything that could affect his business, or his family's in any way will be conflict of interest.
      February 9, 2017 9:34 AM MST

Calm down before you explode, watch a good American Movie and relax.
      February 9, 2017 11:35 AM MST

• I am sure you were just joking with me.. but just to set your mind at rest..I truly never get that excited by such a topic that id explode.. refer back to the trumpets team sayin trumpet would explode if prince charles mentioned climate change to him.. trump and i are not alike.. he is an unhinged nutter.. thankfully I am not prone to exploding.. I engaged in reasoned and articulate debate.. and i guess the only difference is that I and we here have very strong moral standards in regard to our politicians and our electoral system and from what is being suggested here .. that's not the case there.. fair enough each to their own 
      February 9, 2017 11:45 AM MST

Welcome to our nightmare m'dear where the illegal and the immoral have sex and produce the government we the people in America now have.  It is shameful and embarrassing and humiliating to those of us who remember what America was like BT (before Trump).  We were blindsided, cheated and now the bad guys are in charge. (and bad gals). How this will all play out I cannot say but I see no tunnel let alone a light at the end of it! Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)
      February 9, 2017 12:16 PM MST