Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Weather » It's past my bedtime but still too hot to sleep. The next two days are going to be worse.

It's past my bedtime but still too hot to sleep. The next two days are going to be worse.

Would you rather have a heat wave or a blizzard? Is it human nature to complain about the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter? 

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

With a blizzard, I can hunker down & sit by the fireplace.  Blizzards pass after a short while.  I find summer heat to be more debilitating.  I can't stand heat and humidity.  I don't have AC because usually we only have a couple of weeks out of the summer where it's uncomfortable so I use fans.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are Didge.  I've been in Cairns in 40 (centigrade) weather and I never want to do it again.

AND, yes, I do believe it is human nature to complain about the heat and cold.  It's a way for people to come together and agree upon something. It's usually the conversation starter where I live.  
      February 10, 2017 5:19 AM MST

• We have one air conditioned room but not the bedrooms. It was 44C here today and the next two days are supposed to be in the vicinity. I used to love the summer but since I got old it doesn't feel comfortable. 
      February 10, 2017 5:38 AM MST