Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The job of US prez does not ENTITLE the prez to do whatever he wants to do. What job does? How about the job of being God? Why not apply?

The job of US prez does not ENTITLE the prez to do whatever he wants to do. What job does? How about the job of being God? Why not apply?

One day God might wish to retire. He will need a replacement. Applications will be taken and the applicants will be interviewed. What are the requirements/experience/temperament needed to be God?  I mean God is probably going to be on the job forever. On the other hand what could it hurt to have a hitter on deck just in case?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

Mute question.  God is going no where. And will never need a replacement.
      February 10, 2017 7:08 AM MST

I think you mean MOOT, not mute. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      February 11, 2017 1:12 AM MST

I believe you are correct.
      February 11, 2017 5:13 AM MST

Just about all of the ancient gods have been retired since you no longer need gods to explain earthquakes and stuff but God of the bible will probably never become fully retired even though science can explain about 98% of natural phenomena.  
    Theists will always need a God to pray to and worship and make their testimones that it must have been God that did or caused this or that to happen. 
    Atheists will always require a God as a symbol of something not to believe in. 

No retirement for God!
      February 10, 2017 12:41 PM MST

Before God people worshipped the sun or nature so  I guess it's just a need within that many if not most humans carry with them. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Kg and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      February 11, 2017 1:14 AM MST

The true God of the universe is about to one day soon arrive on the world scene when he sends the real commander in chief and leader of all the military celestial hosts. Each one of these having the capacity to destroy hundreds of thousands at a time. (Isaiah 37:36) "And I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah." (Ezekiel 38:23)when he sends his reigning king to finally enact justice,  the nations will witness the end of all wickedness, corruption, and depravity. (revelation 19:11-16)ushered in will be the long awaited millennium along with the fulfillment of all the bible prophecies ensuring genuine peace, security, and the tranquil life obedient mankind deserves. (revelation 22:17) :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at February 11, 2017 5:14 AM MST
      February 11, 2017 12:12 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful answer Autumn and Happy Saturday m'dear. You know The Donald said his two favorite books are The Bible and the book he allegedly wrote but was written by someone else.  When asked what his favorite quote from the bible was he said "an eye for an eye". Later on when he was talking about America taking the oil in Iraq he said "to the victor go the spoils". My favorite sayings are the ones I've said to you..."what you do to the least of mine you do to me" and "love thy neighbor as thyself". I shall never understand how a person like that got the job he has now. Never in a million years! :(
      February 11, 2017 1:19 AM MST

An eye for an eye.....does not mean you can have revenge etc. It is actually rules for the Judges in Israel. To judge fairly. To punish according to the crime committed. 
      February 11, 2017 5:16 AM MST

No m2c. It is from the 18th century B.C. Code of Hammurabi, who was a Babylonian King. If you stole your hand was cut off. The punishment fit the specific crime. I don't even know if anything like that is in the Bible do you? Thank you for your reply.
      February 11, 2017 6:56 AM MST

You don't know that "an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" is in the Bible? It is Exodus 21:24. Here is a link with commentary explaining.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/exodus/21-24.htm
      February 11, 2017 7:11 AM MST

Happy Saturday to you also!! Seems to me mr. Trump just says the first thing that comes out of his head.  Especially when quoting the bible. Obviously his spiritual advisors pretend to understand the bible, as most do. :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at February 11, 2017 7:42 AM MST
      February 11, 2017 7:40 AM MST

Exactly! What he quoted was from the 18 century B.C Code of Hammurabi and it is mentioned in the Bible but not as being advocated. Rather it is part of the 'turn the other cheek" section which you already know. Trump's ignorance is astonishing. SIGH. :( Thank you for your reply. I have to tell you something Autumn. Sometimes I feel kinda down because of an answer that is insulting or rude but every time I talk to you I always feel better. I do. I just wanted to tell you that! :)
      February 11, 2017 7:45 AM MST

Well thank you dear, I keep trying! 
      February 11, 2017 7:58 AM MST

((hugs)) Please keep doing so  Autumn. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way! :)
      February 11, 2017 8:01 AM MST