Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Is it true its not what you say but HOW YOU say it?

Is it true its not what you say but HOW YOU say it?

?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

• Sometimes, often even - yes.  I sent son off work today, and he has an interview...they have spotted him as he has a degree but is working manual low paid.. they have indicated they see his potential and want to help him get where he wants to go...all good .. but they are thinking of offering him a job he doesn't want..  but at the moment he is only temporary/agency.. I said to him.. don't say outright no.. say you will think about it.. and then go back and reasonably say.. well thank you for your offer, I really DO want to continue working here and make it my career,  I would prefer x or y..  The answer's still no stick your job up your... but it's said in a nice way.. 

Tact is a skill... 

I think it touches on freedom of speech.. let's not get into how I feel I was unfairly moderated here but the point is you can express your opinion, feelings and thoughts  freely where i live, you just should avoid hateful or derogatory language.. i don't think that's even about reducing one's freedom, but rather it's about not removing the other person's rights to freedom.
      February 10, 2017 7:29 AM MST

• Yes, many times it is. It comes down to the tone and inflection when saying it. Even a smile or stern look can change how the words are portrayed and received. 
      February 10, 2017 7:35 AM MST

• Absolutely 
      February 10, 2017 7:38 AM MST

I think so. Not only in how you say it but also the tone of voice.
      February 10, 2017 8:56 AM MST

• Indeed. 
      February 10, 2017 10:34 AM MST

• To a point. Harsh words can be softened, kind words can be toughened when the need arises.
      February 10, 2017 4:10 PM MST

Sometimes, sure.
      February 10, 2017 6:15 PM MST

a lot of yeps huh?
    here's another
      February 11, 2017 6:22 PM MST

oh YES YES YES......VERY TRUE.......YOU CAN tell someone to go to hell, but if you say it in a certain way, it's not as nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!
    trust me on this one!!!!!!!!
      May 2, 2017 8:42 AM MDT