Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Trump border wall will cost you the taxpayer $21.6 billion and 3.5 years to build. Pish tosh. Chump change, right?

The Trump border wall will cost you the taxpayer $21.6 billion and 3.5 years to build. Pish tosh. Chump change, right?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

Sounds like a deal!!
    Considering that there are approximately 3.7 million unlawful immigrant households in the U.S. These households impose a net fiscal burden of around $54.5 billion per year.
    Another reason we need the wall.
      February 10, 2017 8:38 AM MST

You do realize you are in the minority don't you? More Americans are AGAINST the wall than for the wall. But of course that matters not one bit to you. So be it. SIGH. Thank you for your reply m2c. We grow farther apart each day. Sadly. Your constant defense of the evildoer is unsettling. I don't know if I can justify it any longer. I have given you the benefit of the doubt. But you go too far. The Donald is EVIL. You adore and support him. Are you evil too? :(
      February 10, 2017 10:19 AM MST

No IF I were in the minority....Trump would have lost bigly.
    I don't adore The President. I do support his policies. They are not evil. They are trying to save us from evils. Are people who oppose these life saving policies evil?  This post was edited by my2cents at July 17, 2018 1:19 AM MDT
      February 10, 2017 10:35 AM MST

Very good response my2, Trumps policies are what this Country needs, he is doing what we need to be safer and at least have control of who comes in our country, ask those who don't agree, if they lock their doors at night? I bet they do, they talk with both sides of their mouths and don't know as much as they think they do.
      February 10, 2017 1:06 PM MST

I agree 100%. It is such a refreshing change to have a President who is actually trying to fulfill campaign promises. And it has only been a little over 2 weeks.
      February 10, 2017 2:30 PM MST

Totally worth it in the long run!
      February 10, 2017 8:43 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Just saw a right wing congressmen on TV saying that they'll FUND the wall because BUILDING the wall was what Trump RAN on..

But, he FORGETS the rest of what Trump ran on..  Now, I COULDA heard wrong, and right wingers SAY I hear wrong all the time..  However I'm willing to risk more right wing wrath by reciting what I actually HEARD with MY ears.. 

I'm paraphrasing here..  Trump:  We're gonna BUILD that wall, and WHO is gonna pay for it??  The crowd:  MEXICO!!!!  Trump, as he puts his tiny hand to his ear:  WHO???  The crowd:  MEXICO!!!!!! Trump:  100%..

I wonder what they'da yelled if Trump said we're gonna build a very expensive wall, and YOU'RE gonna PAY for it..  Just sayin..

Assuming the congressman heard the same stuff I did, I wonder WHY he doesn't tell Trump to MAKE Mexico pay for it..  But, he's a lying dog, isn't he??  I'm noticing that the right wing ISN'T standing up for American principals like I THOUGHT they would (Paul Ryan)..  They ALL are becoming more and more Trumplike...

Scary times ahead!

excon

This post was edited by excon at February 10, 2017 9:59 AM MST
      February 10, 2017 8:49 AM MST

Yes my long-time friend. Scary times ahead. When all the rules are broken and no one gives a sh** except folks like thee and me we are in dangerous times treading like he** to keep from sinking/drowning. I don't know what species of alien being lives here on planet earth passing themselves off as human beings but everyone who voted for the American MAFIA DON is from a  different place in space and time. Why we have to suffer for their ignominy I do not know. But suffer we will. Thank you for your reply excon. What comes next? More insanity/craziness/evildoing? This is what those alien beings voted for and that's exactly what they got! :)
      February 10, 2017 9:55 AM MST

I can tell you what I would say..... Build that wall!!

We already approved a border barrier.....back in 2006. In fact Hillary voted for it.  So let's build now.
      February 10, 2017 10:26 AM MST

The left don't want the wall because that's where their voters come from,
      February 10, 2017 1:09 PM MST

Hello TT:

Nahhh...  We don't want a wall because we already GOT one..  Besides, I thought Mexico was gonna pay for it..  No, huh?

excon

February 11, 2017 5:31 AM MST

The real problem is the ones that are let in but outstay their welcome.

There are of course some perhaps most that would be welcome to stay because they make themselves useful. 

February 10, 2017 8:55 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Friday! :)
      February 10, 2017 10:20 AM MST

I like the alternate idea someone had -------- build a canal instead.  
      February 10, 2017 1:16 PM MST

It's an investment. It's only going to cost that amount once.
      February 10, 2017 8:58 PM MST

And think of all the jobs. It is infrastructure. 
      February 11, 2017 4:45 AM MST