Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Commander-in-chief? In charge of what? What are his credentials? Or do you not give a rat's a** because ya love the guy? WHY?

Commander-in-chief? In charge of what? What are his credentials? Or do you not give a rat's a** because ya love the guy? WHY?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

I love who now? Do I love a guy that spends all of his time alone in the White House? Former President Obama had his family and staff that actually liked him. He had the White House running like a well-oiled machine. We didn't really have to give him time to do anything.
      February 10, 2017 9:27 PM MST

• Does it really matter if Trump spends his time alone in the White House?  People don't vote for a President on the merits of his family.  Obviously Obama appointed staff who liked him, Trump will do the same.  This Trump bashing started immediately, it extends to his wife and children which is not right. The demonstrations are ridiculous!  I don't think anyone pounced on Obama's every move when he'd only been in office for a few days.

I just posted on another thread that as a UK citizen I do fully support Trump's concern over allowing refugees/immigrants from certain countries into the US until they can be fully vetted.  I don't think he went about implementing this ban in the right way but he's right on track about the danger they pose.

The man is not a politician he does not have the polish or diplomacy a seasoned politician would bring but I think that's why many people voted for him.  That's why I think he needs some time to find his feet, he's no dummy, he IS a crude and outspoken man but we should wait and see how this unfolds because from what I see he's on the right track with some of his ideas.  

February 10, 2017 11:37 PM MST

LMAO!!!
      February 11, 2017 7:25 AM MST

• Why?
      February 16, 2017 12:46 AM MST

To me Trumph looks like the kind of boss who get angry and say thing like "Just do it!" when subordinates ask him just How some order is to be carried out. That would also explain why the Muslim-ban came to include Muslims from 2 countries (Turkey and Saudi Arabia) that have been staunch allies of the US. At least up until now ;-))

I really dont think Trump is that stupid. And if he had thought it over he could probably have come up with something that worked better than a "blanket ban" of all nationals from some few named countries. But he dont think, he dont listen and he dont discuss things. And that can be quite disastrous when taking on a new job with parameters you do not understand.
      February 11, 2017 9:14 AM MST

• I agree that Trump dived into the deep end with his ban, he's trying to do too much too fast and because of this he's making mistakes.  I can understand that he wants to demonstrate he's going to live up to his campaign promises but all of these things take time to work through. 

I don't think he's stupid at all but I do think he's got a huge ego although I wonder now if he's sitting there contemplating the huge mess that seems to be created over every move he makes and perhaps regretting dabbling his feet in politics.
      February 16, 2017 12:53 AM MST

• Aww hey yoga, no wonder you are such a lovely reasonable person lol you are a Brit :)  Me too.. sooo have you tried talking to people here about him? and did you watch any of the campaigning and what's happened since??  Hard to like a man like that.. 

And the reason it matters about whether he is alone in the White house.. is... that if his family and friends dislike him and/or he shuns them.. then that tells you something worrying about his psyche and about him psychologically.. 

Don't you think it's worrying that he got where he is with NO experience of being a politician.. you being a Brit are surely savvy and smart.. so it's scary to have someone who doesn't know what he's doing leading such a HUGE and important country as the US?  

I'd have to disagree that he's no dummy.. if you follow his story you know that he has the vocabularly of a village idiot, doesn't read reports, possibly CANT read, refuses to listen to experts on security etc, has many failed business ventures and law suits re his business.. etc etc etc..

I share your views re immigration.. not because I dislike any invidividual from elsewhere.. i dont it's just the sheer number and the very serious adverse affect it has on our country and its resources...
      February 11, 2017 10:07 AM MST

• I think if Trump's marriage works for him then it's not our business in fact if he's alone in the White House he'll get more work done. Melania Trump spent last weekend with the Japanese Prime MInister and she entertained his wife and today she was there to entertain Netenyahu (sp) so she's playing an active role and I think she will move to Washington when their son completes the school year. I don't believe his family dislike him or are shunning him, I think he's actually got his family more involved in White House business than is wise. 

I have said that I think Trump is a crude man very short on diplomacy but I have to say if people could get past his brash exterior some, not all, of his plans are very good and he has gone where no other politician would for which I admire him but that is also going to make him a lot of enemies.

I do agree that it's worrying that he has no experience in politics but a I said before that seems to be what attracted people to him they were sick of the slick, slippery career politicians.  I think he's made some very big mistakes and I wonder if he'll survive the four years but I do believe he is doing what he thinks is in the best interests of the country.

Thank you for your lovely compliments, it's nice to meet another Brit.
      February 16, 2017 12:44 AM MST

Every day I wait to see what other abomination The Donald will perpetrate/promulgate/perpetuate and so far he hasn't disappointed. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 11, 2017 1:11 AM MST

Donald Trump is a natural born citizen of the USA and over 35 years of age, and he was duly elected according to the process prescribed by the constitution. Those are the only credentials needed to hold the office.

You should remember that the constitution does not specify exactly how the states are to choose electors. Most states have a popular election, but they don't have to do it that way.
      February 11, 2017 12:09 AM MST