Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How much sleep do you get?

How much sleep do you get?

If you're a poor sleeper, what causes it? Things on your mind? Physical problems? The Internet?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

• Mrs Didge uses Melatonin tablets occasionally but, like you, she doesn't like taking them. Her problems are the result of botched surgery.
      February 10, 2017 9:45 PM MST

• I have restless leg syndrome so I sleep for a little while then the jumpy legs wake me and I have to get up and walk around or stand then repeat.  This usually goes on all night, I never try to go to bed before about 3AM.  Yes I'm tired and grouchy most of the time.
      February 10, 2017 9:10 PM MST

• That's nasty. Your yoga breathing won't help with it -- at least, as far as getting back to sleep?
      February 10, 2017 9:46 PM MST

• I do  try the relaxation yoga but sometimes I can't complete it because the creepy/itchy/crawling feeling in my legs means I have to walk.  I circle the kitchen island, then the dining room table, the sofa etc., until I feel I can try to go back to bed, sometimes I just lie down and whoops no got to walk some more.  The worst is if I'm sick with the flu or whatever when you have that feeling that you just want to crawl into bed but I have to stand.  The biggest, absolute biggest luxury for me are those times when I wake up and I am just comfortable.  It's like being cursed.
      February 10, 2017 11:17 PM MST

• I can barely imagine that. I'm so sorry you have as much trouble. 
      February 10, 2017 11:28 PM MST

I try to get 6 hours a night plus a late afternoon nap.  I make up for it on weekends.
      February 10, 2017 10:00 PM MST

• That nap can make up for a lot. I've been known to have a few of those. :) 
      February 11, 2017 10:56 AM MST

A LATE AFTERNOON NAP.. yes I'm shouting.. I hate you... Id kill for that... if I was your neighbor Id ring your door bell while you were sleeping.  
      February 14, 2017 11:41 PM MST

For years I survived on four hours on average.  I generally sleep eight hours each night since I retired. 
      February 10, 2017 10:06 PM MST

• Four hours is tough. As an old shift worker I was used to going without sleep. I'm getting more than I used to but would love to manage your eight hours. :)
      February 11, 2017 10:58 AM MST

On a good night I'm lucky to get five hours... on one of the weekend evenings I generally crash & then the sleepless cycle starts again.
      February 10, 2017 10:42 PM MST

• Ouch! Doesn't sound good. Hope it's not a permanent situation. :(
      February 11, 2017 11:00 AM MST

No neither do I.. unfortunately it's become a habit.. tends to turn one into a zombie after a while... working on rectifying the problem though.
      February 14, 2017 11:28 PM MST

not much thanks to the trains going by last night and then when i wanted to sleep in the construction guys made sure i couldnt
      February 11, 2017 9:42 PM MST