Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Guess what? I'm going to go visit a mosque. What do you think about that?

Guess what? I'm going to go visit a mosque. What do you think about that?

I've been invited to go. I'm excited to go, because I've never been to one. I'll let you know what I thought about it later. 

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

"they make the *choice*" to join and remain in an order but Muslim women don't? Are you sure?
      March 26, 2017 11:16 PM MDT

Some do. Some don't. If the exact level of coercion is the concern, I cannot provide statistics or base level coercion.
      March 27, 2017 9:01 AM MDT

If we see coercion [as in the image below where a woman is forced to undress in public] then we can say there is coercion, but if we don't see coercion then we need to be a bit cautious before we say that there is coercion. Don't you agree? 

woman being coerced to undress

This post was edited by CLURT at March 27, 2017 12:25 PM MDT
      March 27, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

No. We won't agree on this.
      March 27, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

"No. We won't agree on this." you're free not to agree, of course, but I hope that those who see the argument as obviously reasonable will agree.

have a nice day
      March 27, 2017 3:51 PM MDT

Guess what? I'm going to go visit a mosque. What do you think about that?

I've been invited to go. I'm excited to go, because I've never been to one. I'll let you know what I thought about it later.
    =========================================================

That's great. More people should do so. It might help us get along together much better and we would all benefit from doing so.

With Islam constantly hitting the news headlines many people have become curious bout it and are wanting to know more. In response to the demand mosques are opening their doors to non-Muslims. Some are going further than that. They're putting up special exhibitions so that visitors can learn more about Islam than what they might gain from looking at the structure of a mosque from the outside and inside. Quite often there is hardly much to see inside a mosque apart from bare walls and some calligraphy if you're lucky. 

The video below gives a glimpse of an open day at one mosque.

If you have any question, no matter how direct or controversial, fire away and I'll see if I can address it.

This post was edited by CLURT at March 26, 2017 5:28 PM MDT
      March 26, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Does your beloved know about this?
      March 26, 2017 11:17 PM MDT