Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Would you like to live in an environment that had no seasons, where the weather was moderate all year round?

Would you like to live in an environment that had no seasons, where the weather was moderate all year round?

What about a climate controlled by scientists and technicians who would determine the weather patterns?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

Yes I would, we got a foot-and-a-half of snow yesterday, I would love to live in a place where I never have to look at that white crap ever again.
      February 10, 2017 4:35 PM MST

• And today, my state has been predicted to register the highest temperature ever recorded here. I don't suppose you'd like to email some of your snow to me?
      February 10, 2017 4:47 PM MST

Oh Didge if I could I would send it all your way, it took me close to two hours yesterday to shovel out my driveway. :(
      February 10, 2017 4:55 PM MST

• You really should read more Mark Twain. Remember how Tom Sawyer was able to get out of whitewashing the fence? I'm sure the same would apply to shovelling snow. How smart are your neighbours?
      February 10, 2017 5:13 PM MST

No, I'm not signing up to relocate on the Mars Mission.  I'd rather sit under a palm tree with my BFF, enjoying a cool exotic drink he created for me. 
      February 10, 2017 5:30 PM MST

• Sounds fine to me. Do you have a spare seat for a weary traveller?
      February 10, 2017 5:35 PM MST

• No, I like it how it is. There is wonder and purpose and beauty in all four seasons. It's nature, naturally how it should be.
      February 10, 2017 6:20 PM MST

• I love the way you think. An American workmate once told me that we didn't have seasons in Australia but, since he was from Colorado, I understood what he meant. 
      February 10, 2017 6:24 PM MST

• Thanks! Funny you should say Colorado. I know it well, it's one of my fave places. 
      February 10, 2017 6:26 PM MST

• I've never been there but the Rockies must be spectacular. (I haven't seen the guy in more than 20 years. I think he returned home.)
      February 10, 2017 6:31 PM MST

• Yes they are amazing. Very diverse and the weather is the same. Aah, I see. 
      February 10, 2017 6:33 PM MST

I live in Florida, so our seasons are different than everywhere else. We have snowbird season, spring break season, love bug season, and hurricane season. In case you don't know what love bugs are, they are these little black bugs that attach to each other when they mate and stay that way until they die. Unfortunately many of them die when the fly over the roads. Your windshield gets covered in bug guts that smear when you use your windshield wipers, and there is an acid in their guts that will eat through the paint of your car. (I hate love bugs!)
      February 10, 2017 6:37 PM MST

• I thought a love bug was a boy and a girl in a Volkswagen.I can only imagine the mess. 

It could be worse, of  course. In New Zealand they have a parrot that will eat your car -- well, the soft bits -- if you leave it parked near his territory.
      February 10, 2017 7:55 PM MST

No, I like nature the way it is. It would get boring without some variety.
      February 10, 2017 6:47 PM MST

• I used to work with a Japanese woman who spent years in Hawaii. She hated it for that reason. She missed the season she had grown up with.
      February 10, 2017 7:56 PM MST

Japan doesn't get snow though. My Grandmother came to visit the states from Okinawa about 35yrs ago for the first time. It snowed that year and she was truly amazed, she had never seen snow. As a 2nd grader it was hard for me to understand the fascination she had with the snow. I get it now that I am older. 
      February 10, 2017 8:07 PM MST

• Well, yeah, it does. Maybe her part of Japan was warmer. 

February 10, 2017 9:10 PM MST

Interesting. I know she is Okinawan. 
      February 11, 2017 4:48 AM MST

She is from Okinawa, Japan. I just googled. They received their first snow ever in 2016. 

http://www.ntv.co.jp/englishnews/nature/cold_snap_brings_okinawa_first-ever_snow/

February 11, 2017 11:34 AM MST

• Okinawa is far to the south. It's between Taiwan and the Japanese mainland. It'd be quite temperate there and, as you said, snow would be a rarity.
      February 11, 2017 11:53 AM MST

• "I would! I do!" SoCal has the most temperate climate in the US.  

I think of seasonal weather the way I think of grandchildren ...
            Fun to visit because I know I get to leave. :)

February 10, 2017 7:07 PM MST

• Great comparison. :)
    And, yeah, I've heard that about So Cal.
      February 10, 2017 7:57 PM MST

• Shoveling snow is actually a lot of fun .... watching it on the News. :)
      February 10, 2017 7:59 PM MST

I like our seasons. We have extreme cold winters and extremely hot summers. I would not like it mild all the time. If not for the heat I could never enjoy the rivers and lakes. 
    We need the cold to get rid of some of the summer pests.
      February 10, 2017 8:19 PM MST