Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Tantrum, outrage, road rage, uncontrolled anger...

Tantrum, outrage, road rage, uncontrolled anger...

These are all emotions that are better kept on a leash. Can you think of any instances where a person's rage has come back to bite them on the butt?

Posted - February 10, 2017

Responses

• I read a story about a man parking his car. Another man with severe road rage walked up and broke his window with a metal bat and tried to drag him out of his car to beat the crap out of him. The victim pulled a gun and defended himself against the road rage man. That story didn't end well for the road rager.
      February 10, 2017 7:20 PM MST

• Nice to see that happen. When I was much younger I knew of a guy who was mugged by three men in a Sydney suburb. He was on the small side and they thought they had an easy mark but he had represented Hungary as a boxer in the 1956 Olympics. He broke the jaw of the first mugger, said the second had the softest stomach he had ever hit, and couldn't catch the third. I love a happy ending.
      February 10, 2017 7:52 PM MST

People lose thier jobs quite frequently, and sometimes, it's because of an EPIC MELTDOWN!! 

February 10, 2017 8:48 PM MST

• I've known a few people like that. My replacement turned up at work one midnight with his hand and arm badly gashed. He was drunk and, travelling in by train, was in a cranky mood. He thought there was a guy behind him and turned around and punched him ... but it was his own reflection in the inner-window of a train car. He certainly won the fight: although his arm was injured, the window was totally shattered.
      February 10, 2017 9:37 PM MST

Sounds more like he both won and lost that fight.
      February 10, 2017 9:40 PM MST

• Oh, yeah. It was public service so he couldn't be fired but they persuaded him to transfer out of the place a few months later and I lost contact with him. A pity. I liked the guy. He was pretty good when he was sober, which was most of the time. 
      February 10, 2017 9:48 PM MST

Old story, from the glory days. While working in a South American country I always worked during daylight hours. Night time was extremely dangerous (you can fill in all the details). However as fate would have it I found myself in a mountain village way past sunset. I began my decent in a small ford sedan. I was immediately stopped by two men in police uniforms who demanded money and the car. I said fine and threw the car into gear (4 on the floor). They ran back to a car that had lights and a siren. Off we went blazing down a dark semi jungle road. I say semi because it had blacktop. It was like a scene out of a movie. I won't go into all the twists and turns. But we traveled long enough for me to compose myself and think. Reaching the top of a hill that I knew ended with a sharp turn to the left at the bottom I turned off my lights, reached down and pulled the fuse on my brake lights (you could manage that in those days, the cars were very simple). Half way down I could see them just reaching the top. At the bottom at the very last moment I turned left and kept going. It was like a few seconds more when I heard the bad guys crashing through the wooden railings at the curve. In my rear view mirror I could see their car sailing peacefully in the air. I stopped, replaced my fuse. Relieved myself and went on my way.
      February 11, 2017 7:16 AM MST

• Glory days, indeed! Great story, Ancient. 
      February 11, 2017 11:23 AM MST

when it gets them in trouble and they end up in jail
      February 11, 2017 9:30 PM MST

• I knew a man that happened to, Pearl. He lost his temper and killed a man. It was one of those cases where everybody who knew him, including me, said, "But he's such a nice man." And he was. But when he snapped he went berserk. Took another man's life and ruined his own.
      February 11, 2017 10:40 PM MST