Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » How many avatars have you used?

How many avatars have you used?

As we move from site to site our avatars may change or stay the same. Would you like to share some of your old avatars?

My devil started on chess.com when somebody started a Christians Only group and I asked if I could join to represent the opposition. When they blocked me I changed the name of my blog from "Dozy's Blog" (I was Dozy) to "Dozy's Inferno" and those horns have followed me about ever since.

Let's see some of yours.

Posted - February 11, 2017

Responses

This is the only one I've used other than a real photo on Facebook.
      February 11, 2017 9:39 PM MST

• And a very nice one it is. I have an anonymous Facebook account that I only use if I want to go in and search for something. The photograph I use there is an avatar I pinched from a chess opponent from Uzbekistan. I didn't want anybody to stumble over my account and start posting rubbish on it.  Here tis: 
      February 11, 2017 10:58 PM MST

Notice how well-placed the bottom teeth are in relation to the missing top teeth.  Awesome.
      February 12, 2017 10:32 AM MST

• I have always changed mine lots  depending on my mood. I've always used real pics of myself but I filter and alter the shizit out of them :) I think this site I've not changed my avi up as much as I used to old site. So maybe 4 times here. old site...probably over 20 times.  
      February 11, 2017 10:33 PM MST

• I put a farewell post on the old site yesterday and Hippy tells me they deleted it. Ah well, there aren't to many left there to see it. 
      February 11, 2017 10:59 PM MST

• uh huh ...,, my goodbye post last attempt get everyone here got deleted too... Was over a month ago ... then I got banned from entering site ..... But they left all my content up like I'm still active. Is insane..., they used to delete people all their content gone.... I still get emails when I get new followers.  I'm fine not go back there. But I do not like they make my account look still active. I hope that site competly goes under. 
      February 11, 2017 11:12 PM MST

• It's inevitable.
      February 11, 2017 11:13 PM MST

I have used three iterations of the same avatar.  The first site I joined was a learning experience.  I didn't know about avatars or how to load them or anything and just had the generic one it gave me upon signing up.  Then one day a guy called me "dude"...I asked if he hadn't noticed the "ette" part of my username.  Turned out I was using the generic male avatar, I hadn't even noticed.  The man replied a few minutes later and gave me the original silhouette I used.  Soon a friend added my name to it, and I had used this up until last year.

When a group of us began migrating here from another site, there was some squabbling going on.  The admin on the other site disliked this site's name being used there and made it so that whenever anyone typed it in, it changed it to read "bunny rabbit".  Sooo...we all changed our avs to bunnies...JA even added bunnies to the background here for a time.  :)  Anyway, I have become quite attached to my bunny ears and still use that av on both sites.  I use the one above on any other site I am on, though.  
      February 11, 2017 10:48 PM MST

• Thoroughly understand why you'd stick to the bunny ears but, Bozette, that one you posted here is all class. It's quite beautiful.
      February 11, 2017 11:02 PM MST

Thank you, Didge.  I originally used it when the man gifted it to me because I often wear my hair either in a ponytail or up like that, so it seemed rather fitting...if a bit too classy for me.  :)
      February 11, 2017 11:04 PM MST

ill try my best...

Happy Watermelon - Yahoo Answers, mid 2007 to mid 2009
    Image result for happy watermelon cartoon

Yahoo Answers - used my middle name from mid 2009 to mid 2011

Yahoo Answers - Skunky, mid 2011 to mid 2015

Skunky - Sodahead, mid 2013 to mid 2015

In 2015 After sodahead closed- Skunky got a new last name when i joined Blurtit (for the first few months it was Skunky Goodboy- only because i couldn't think of a last name for him at the time and i had no choice but to put something in the last name field when i signed up).. he got a new last name when "Stinkerson" randomly popped into my mind one day.. Starting from the time when i gave Skunky his last name on blurtit- thats when i started using his new last name on all social network sites that he's on.

Skunky Stinkerson - Blurtit, summer of 2015

Winter pic

Christmas pic

This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at February 13, 2017 11:25 AM MST
      February 12, 2017 12:55 AM MST

• Thanks, Skunky You've been around for quite a while. (My first sojourn onto this sort of site was Ask in 2011. I enjoy them.)
      February 12, 2017 1:24 AM MST

i agree, these type of sites are fun to use!!! im glad that you jumped on the bandwagon :D

i've been using these type of sites since late 2006.. the first site that i joined was called BuddyTV (joined 2 months before 2007 when dad bought me my first computer)-- it was a great community where people could talk about their fave shows, movies, and actors, take quizzes, play games, fan pages, add friends, news and updates about your fave TV shows etc.. but sadly, in 2008 the owners changed the site's interface (a site redesign) which caused a mass exodus.. it was never the same after that so i stopped using it too. 

This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at February 13, 2017 11:24 AM MST
      February 12, 2017 2:38 AM MST

• Gotta love the skunk!
      February 12, 2017 7:06 AM MST

•   February 12, 2017 7:24 AM MST

• Two accounts on AnswerBag ...

(guess I didn't keep the avatar sized one) ... and 

And two on AnswerMug ...

February 12, 2017 1:19 AM MST

• P.S.  No matter what number Sharonna tells you ... believe her!
      February 12, 2017 1:25 AM MST

• Nice! Kinda like that top one. :)
      February 12, 2017 1:25 AM MST

• Yes ... I used a larger size, for a while , as wallpaper. Anyway, I was trying to come off as a mystical character, but it soon became apparent that no one was old enough to know who he was. At least until Alec Baldwin did the re-make movie. So I created the sock puppet account ALF because he was only twenty years in the past. That worked pretty good.
       YouTube had a lot of his clips and all was well. Actually, when I started the ALF account on AB, there were six ALF accounts. So I named the account ... ALF - Gordon Shumway (which is ALF's Melmacian name) ... so they'd let me use it. :)

Now YouTube has removed almost all of his clips and ALF is thirty years in the past and becoming another Shadow, but I like him ... we be mates, so I keep him.
      February 12, 2017 1:42 AM MST

• I've used a few.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 10, 2017 10:15 PM MST
      February 12, 2017 6:42 AM MST

• Hell of an actor, Rooster. :)
      February 12, 2017 10:45 AM MST

• I read, the other day, that he gave all his kids his stage name ... Wayne. 
    I found that interesting and a little surprising.
      February 12, 2017 4:46 PM MST

• I'm usually a version of a bassett hound, doggies are the best!

February 12, 2017 7:16 AM MST

• They are the cutest puppies! 
      February 12, 2017 7:25 AM MST