Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Donald Trump the most powerful man in the world?

Is Donald Trump the most powerful man in the world?

Posted - February 11, 2017

Responses

• The US President is arguably the most powerful man in the world. Trump may be the exception. Nobody outside the GOP, and certainly nobody outside the US, takes him seriously; and he will be surrounded by people who spend their entire time trying to stop him from stuffing the national economy and international relations. He may sit in the sultan's palace, and rest his backside on the sultan's throne, but he is not the sultan: he is the eunuch.
      February 11, 2017 11:12 PM MST

I gotta sorta disagree with you on that one. Even you Aussies will eventually benefit from the dynamic economical machine that the Trumpster unleashes. Oh, and while I'm here, I'd like to thank your nation for AC/DC, with it's outstanding guitarist, Angus Young.
      February 12, 2017 7:26 AM MST

There will be no dynamic economical machine. Protectionism doesn't create a healthy ecomical environment with higher growth through enovation and progress. Companies will become lazy, and will rely on Trump being able to threaten other countries to buy your uncompetitive products, just like its the case with Japan, and the wish to force them buy more cars produced by the American car manufacturing industry. You will be losing in the longer run on protectionism, and your products will become less evolved like other places around the world.
      February 12, 2017 8:25 AM MST

• We're glad you like him, bh. I really hope you're right about Trump. We'll just have to wait and see. 
      February 12, 2017 10:53 AM MST

No, that will be Vladimir Putin. Question is whether he is number two, both Angela Merkel and Xi Jinping will be in the runner ups game. 
      February 12, 2017 2:10 AM MST

Why Vlad? 
      February 12, 2017 7:28 PM MST

Look up Forbes. Only change from the 2016 ranking and now is Trump weakening himself with his temper tantrums using twitter, surrounding himeslf with incompetent people, creating bad vibes with his allies. It all only strengthens Putin. The top spot should be an easy one, even for Trump supporters. It's the second spot that can be discussed. Personal i tend to think more and more that Jinping actually got this one.
      February 13, 2017 12:42 AM MST

Na I could take him with one hand tied behind my back. Cheers!
      February 12, 2017 9:31 AM MST

i dont think so
      February 12, 2017 9:44 PM MST

He's starting to rattle his cage. 
      February 13, 2017 2:55 AM MST