Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do right wingers believe that racism against white people is a bigger problem than racism against black people??

Do right wingers believe that racism against white people is a bigger problem than racism against black people??

Posted - February 12, 2017

Responses

I am not a right winger, but I have friends who are. (Just as I have friends who are left wingers.) They don't think it is a bigger problem, they just recognize there is a problem. I grew up in the south, but was born in New York. I have heard black people say "You are white. You are racist." That has to be one of the most racist statements I have heard. I have also been accused of being a descendant of slave owners. Seeing as most of my ancestors didn't arrive until a decade or two after slavery ended (as is true for most white Americans), those who were here were from Maine or arrived around the start and fought to free the slaves. In order for racism to be a thing of the past, it is going to take everyone from every race to open their hearts and minds.
      February 12, 2017 9:28 AM MST

I think any ethnic discrimination is a problem.

BTW - There is only ONE race.  Human.
      February 12, 2017 1:29 PM MST

THE SURVEY SAYS: Among white people of all classes, 57% believed that discrimination against whites is as big a problem today as discrimination against blacks and other minorities. (Just 38% of Latino Americans, and 29% of black Americans, share this view.)     http://fusion.net/story/319203/reverse-racism-in-america/
      February 12, 2017 1:50 PM MST