Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I wonder what Trump will make of this? Will he even realise how unpopular he is?

I wonder what Trump will make of this? Will he even realise how unpopular he is?

So, the speaker of the Houses of Parliament has gotten himself into some warm water cos he outright said that Trump would NOT be welcome, or allowed to speak to the Houses.  It kinda was not his place to say that, well not without the backing of his contemporaries but we all know they are likely to say no too.. 

So they have been trying to figure out what to do when the Angry Satsuma visits our shores, to appease the miserable temper tantrum prone bully... and they are speculating that the Strumpet may be allowed to address a speech at Wembley, or the NEC Birmingham.  And the proceeds from the sale of tickets will go to the British Legion, (a charity that looks after, raises money for ex British Armed forces). A noble cause for sure and who knows some people might well just go see the idiot yap his deranged nonsense, from curiosity, or wanting to support the charity,  if nothing else! But me thinks the charity might be disappointed in the size of this *windfall* they get from this venture! 

The UK are gonna sell the idea to the Deranged One by saying that it's better he talks to the *people* of the UK cos he very much claims to be a 'man for the people'.  Whatever will the Loopy One think if he gets a disappointing crowd like he got at the inauguration?  What if the only crowd he gets are all protesters? Will he make up some excuse? 

Apparently we are told that another reason they want Trumpet to speak somewhere away from the centre of London is that his visit poses a MASSIVE security risk... lol he's *that* popular that they worry someone's gonna try to assassinate him? Surely not!

Posted - February 12, 2017

Responses

It's easy being a liberal who gives everyone their way. But being a conservative is tough because it is time to pay the bill. Liberals are not willing to pay the bill! They are the 'gimme-gimme' types. 
      February 12, 2017 12:38 PM MST

• LOL snigger a typical answer from you my friend.. I love the way I can always guess what you are going to say :)  

There's just one problem tho... we, the Brits are under a CONSERVATIVE government.. we tend to vote, historically and now, Conservative more than we vote Labour.  So pray tell me how would you respond to that? See you really cannot say that it's liberals? It ain't"! It's sane reasoning people who can see the man's repugnant in every way. I am afraid, respectfully, the truth here is that much as there are those who want, or even need to blame everything on lefts or liberals or reds under the bed, I am afraid that's just not true. 
      February 12, 2017 12:59 PM MST

• I am also at somewhat of a loss to understand what you mean by paying the bill? What Bill is that then?  I see no bill here? We are talking about Trump visiting the UK yes? No bill. 
      February 12, 2017 1:01 PM MST

O'Bamacare--- the largest tax ever levied against Americans. Gotta pay that bill.  Even if you choose not to partake in O'Bamacare, you still must pay a penalty that increases year after year.  This cost is tough on those people who work in lower paying jobs.  They had no say in the matter, so many voted for tRump to eliminate this type of mentality in the liberal agenda.
      February 12, 2017 2:27 PM MST

RE: Trump's lack of approval

Unfortunately, the two main candidates for President BOTH had the lowest approval ratings of any finalists in over 100 years.

The ideal solution would have been to either dump them both and start over ... or elect one of the Third Party candidates.

But, the American people have been indoctrinated not to vote for Third Party candidates for national office ... and to accept whatever the "Big Two" Parties tell them is their "only" choice.

February 12, 2017 1:10 PM MST

• This is actually a very difficult situation for Britain. 

While they may not welcome a buffoon like Trump they can not reject the President of the US without insulting America and its people. The guy is a diplomatic IED and it would be better for everybody if is minders could keep him at home where he can only create diplomatic incidents from afar.
      February 12, 2017 1:33 PM MST

He has so many countries mad at him he needs to be careful where he goes to.
      February 12, 2017 2:34 PM MST

I agree. I think he should be wearing an assassination suit with matching headgear, or maybe not. 
      February 13, 2017 1:51 AM MST

As I recall the Speaker also said that Feb 20 they would discuss the petition to keep Trump out of the UK (more than 1.3 million names on that petition).  What will he do if the House agrees to that?
      February 12, 2017 2:48 PM MST

He will say that the numbers are rigged and go anyway.
      February 12, 2017 3:12 PM MST

you have a point, I never thought of that.
      February 12, 2017 3:16 PM MST