Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » OK......SO WHY WOULD A GUY WANT TO BECOME AN OB/GYN?

OK......SO WHY WOULD A GUY WANT TO BECOME AN OB/GYN?

and please, no smartass answers!!!!

I mean, looking at that all day long? does it get boring, or tiresome?

really want to know!!!!!!!

Posted - July 11, 2016

Responses

• Because he wants to be come a physician and female reproductive systems and problems are interesting to him.  Just like why a female would want to become one.

Looking at an assembly line or car parts all day long can be way more boring than that to most people!!

July 11, 2016 8:36 AM MDT

Maybe he is a smart@$$. Just saying?

July 11, 2016 8:38 AM MDT

• Well the "first" ob/gyn was a man who used to experiment on black slave women and black babies. Without anesthesia. So... I guess it's just normal for a male to be one.
      July 11, 2016 9:20 AM MDT

OK, so why do you feel the need TO SHOUT?

July 11, 2016 9:41 AM MDT

You might understand when you are all grown up.  But then again....................................................

July 11, 2016 1:23 PM MDT

It's possible the thought of getting to see those pretty furry little creatures all day enticed maybe a few somewhat. I'd guess it's just like most things - after a period of time, the newness wears off. It takes a special kind of person to go into some specialty fields like proctology for example. You hear people say, I knew I wanted to be a lawyer from the age of 5. Do you think those who chose to be proctologists ever declared their passion and desire to only treat one very small and often times unpredictable area of the body all day long, each and every day, often times buried up to their elbows in work. Highly unlikely.
      July 11, 2016 1:46 PM MDT

WW, you are exactly right. I've had both male and female OBGYNs and after having only had a man for years, I was amazed she had a much slower and gentler approach to pelvic exams. Obviously I much preferred her approach to his redneck get 'er done style.
      July 11, 2016 2:10 PM MDT

Thinking like you all day long?  NOW THAT WOULD MAKE ME  really tired. 

I think looking at any organ all day long is tiresome.  That, fortunately is NOT the job any more than a doctor of Penises thinks about that organ the way you are. 

July 11, 2016 2:17 PM MDT

I find it strange, also woman who're urologists.  Personally I think there's a screw loose, but I don't want to be disrespectful.

July 11, 2016 3:37 PM MDT

I would think many like the idea of helping a new life into the world. Or perhaps they had a family history of women with female issues and decided to help other women prevent such health problems.
      July 11, 2016 3:43 PM MDT

• that's why first is in quotations. 

July 11, 2016 3:48 PM MDT

Lots of reasons. Among them:
    1. The miracle of life----pregnancy and childbirth are amazing events. You watch and monitor a woman's baby since he is conceived.
    2. Caring for a pregnant mother has to be enjoyable. These women are not sick. They are happily pregnant.
    3. Women are good patients. And you have lots of business because they come often.
    4. You take care of their health and teach them to take preventable measures.
    5. Their problems are preventable, as breast cancer, colon cancer, ovarian and uterus cancers.
    6. Women have more interesting parts. Teach them about breast feeding their babies. Teach them about birth control. When they get pregnant, give them vitamins, check their progress. Deliver their babies.
    7. Plus these doctors have lots of patients and lots of business. They make more money as well.
      July 11, 2016 5:59 PM MDT

Because it interested them enough to pay for schooling?

Everyone probably has their own reasonings. I knew one resident that said he wanted to be an OB/GYN after a personal experience in his life... and one said it was just expected of him.

July 11, 2016 6:30 PM MDT

• I've wondered the same thing. It seems odd and actually a bit creepy.

July 11, 2016 6:40 PM MDT