Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is the penalty for being stupid?

What is the penalty for being stupid?

Posted - February 13, 2017

Responses

• In the L.A. area ... fake passengers, in the carpool lane, aren't rare. :)
      February 13, 2017 12:56 PM MST

Oh ain't that the truth !!  But, only the stupid get caught and have to share it with the rest of us.  Many real people are already fake.  He didn't have to go to the cost of actually buying one.  He could have just taken a living and breathing one out to lunch and driven her home. ;)
      February 13, 2017 1:03 PM MST

• Yes, but see ... there's the rub. You only have to buy the doll once; you don't have to feed it and when you're done with it ... you just throw it in the trunk, so you can use it tomorrow to get to work quicker! :)
      February 13, 2017 1:36 PM MST

I am cracking up over here!!  I'm going to have to show Don this conversation tomorrow on Valentine's Day!! He's going to love it!! If he only knew 20 years ago, think of all the money he could have saved on 20 V-day presents and all the lunches and dinners and all the other asundery gifts and expenses!!  and how much sleep he could have had by just buying a blow up doll and using the carpool lane!! 
    You are so funny ALF!  No wonder you had your own show!  Who knew creatures from outer space had such a sense of humor?!!  Giggles!
      February 13, 2017 1:58 PM MST

• It used to be extinction ... Removal from the gene pool ... Not too sure we didn't make a huge mistake getting rid of that!
      February 13, 2017 3:13 PM MST

• Spot on, Ozgirl. :)
      February 13, 2017 4:02 PM MST

I absolutely agree with you Ozgirl~

Yesterday when I was joking around with ALF, I didn't take the time to actually post.  That is stupidity within iteslf.  I am glad you did.  I was going to say if we hadn't introduced western medicine and selfish thought, nature would have taken its course. 

The handicapped, mentally and physically, the old and weak would cease to be.  Nature keeps itself in check.  We had to manipulate this by introducing man made medicines to keep people around who may not have survived in the wild.
    I am just as guilty as everyone.  Don had a huge surgery, via my demand, to keep him alive.  He should have died.  Mentally challenged people, i.e. stupid, would have been eaten. *
    We have backed ourselves into a corner.  The stupid are breeding.  The smart are not.  We are over-populated.  We are selfish.  Soon, there will be none.  Unfortunately, the planet and all the other animals it supports will suffer too.  I think that is not the best way we've chosen to "play god."

*Didge, you probably would still be alive because you are smart enough to out smart the predator.. until it is your time. ;)  

February 14, 2017 2:20 PM MST

• It's not a word I normally use, and not a concept I give much weight, but KARMA!
    Stupidity generates its own consequences.
      February 13, 2017 4:00 PM MST

Death, if sufficiently stupid.  Take the 29 year old teacher who fell off an escalator at a subway station in NYC.  She was fooling around and lying down on the handrail as it was descending and when her sister's hat blew off, she tried to retrieve it and fell 34 feet to her death.  She won't do that again.  When the news reporter was asking people for their reactions, one woman said that she thought the government should have made the handrails higher so people couldn't fall off.  How about not lying down on the handrail?  DUH!!X
      February 13, 2017 7:41 PM MST

President Trump, of course. Unless you are President Trump. I don't know what his punishment shall be, but I don't doubt that he will get some sort of come-upance.
      February 15, 2017 8:47 AM MST