Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Which would you prefer...being loved too much or too little? Why?

Which would you prefer...being loved too much or too little? Why?

Posted - February 14, 2017

Responses

• I've never had to cope with the first and the second is so commonplace that I accept it as normal. 

I'm like Dick Deadeye from HMS Pinafore: "You all hate me, don't you?" "Aye! We do." "It's because I'm ugly, isn't it?" "Yeeeess!"
      February 14, 2017 2:06 PM MST

Oh c'mon Didge! I can't believe that! I think you were waiting for some place to use that  and you chose here.  It's cute. Funny in a sad kinda way. But seriously you've never had someone obsess over you and try to stifle you?  In my younger days I was kinda pretty. Not drop dead gorgeous ever but I did pretty well. Twice in my life I encountered something like that and it scared the crap out of me. I wasn't loved too much as I was obsessed over. It's frightening and I'd rather be invisible than live that kind of life. I worked with a gal whose husband was off the deep end obsessive about her to an extent I can't share here. She finally extricated herself from him.  Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Wednesday! :)        
      February 15, 2017 1:00 AM MST

I don't care.
      February 14, 2017 2:38 PM MST

I'm  trying to figure out what you mean Ele. You mean either way is okay or neither is okay? "I don't care" is confusing to me so can you clarify what you mean? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 15, 2017 1:02 AM MST

I don't care about feeling loved.
      February 15, 2017 7:32 AM MST

So whether you are loved or not is all the same to you? That is an unusual statement Ele. Mostpossibly all folks I believe want to be loved and want to love. Not you though? Okay. I take you at your word. I don't understand that view but I don't have to.  Happy Saturday to you! :)
      February 25, 2017 6:56 AM MST

Too much---and I have learned to live with it (quite happily, thank you!)...On the other hand, I do have to tell my wife occasionally, "Please don't help me with this.") This post was edited by tom jackson at February 15, 2017 1:02 AM MST
      February 14, 2017 2:52 PM MST

Do you love back too much too tj? It sounds as if your wife's  "too much" is in the right way, not wrong way although I expect either way it's subjective isn't it? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 15, 2017 1:03 AM MST

• I'd prefer too much but it would only work if you felt the same way about them... otherwise it's just plain awful and creepy... claustrophobic 
      February 14, 2017 3:46 PM MST

Obsessive too. I had a couple such experiences when I was younger and it's downright scary!  Thank you for your reply DdbTD and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 15, 2017 1:04 AM MST

I'm really enjoying "too much" today. :  )
      February 14, 2017 7:07 PM MST

So you prefer that to too little then? Thank you for your reply Star and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 15, 2017 1:05 AM MST