Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever entertained the thought of taking revenge on another person?

Have you ever entertained the thought of taking revenge on another person?

Posted - February 14, 2017

Responses

Like a little tit for tat?  Sure.  It's crossed my mind for a moment, but I always ask myself what would it do to my own self integrity?  So almost always, I walk away, albeit sometimes frustrated that I don't give a little back and let them feel what I have felt.
      February 14, 2017 8:21 PM MST

• That's pretty much the way I feel too. It can be counter productive.
      February 14, 2017 8:51 PM MST

• No. 

In 80 years on this planet I've known only one person, a woman, worthy of that revenge and Mrs Didge and I deliberately chose not to go down that path. She is worthy of hate but we chose not to go that way either. To have done either would have changed who we are too much and there might have been no path back.

Mind you, if I saw her burning in the gutter, I wouldn't drop a zipper to help her, either. I can allow myself that much ill will.
      February 14, 2017 8:42 PM MST

• Unlike Winston Smith i find it hard if not impossible to hold  two countervailing thoughts in my head at the same time ... they're is no room for love whilst you hate.
      February 15, 2017 1:10 AM MST

• Absolutely. That's how we feel about it. 
      February 15, 2017 3:21 AM MST

• Absolutely I have. I don't take kindly or well to people harming my loved ones. I had a guy completely mistreat a female cousin of mine. I ran into him and "put the fear of God in him". He never called or texted her again. I let a lot of stuff go, but harming a loved one I cannot let go. I often dream about taking revenge on my "supervisors", but that would lower me to their level. I'll sit back and wait for them to mess up severely, or illegally mess with me and let Human Resources deal with them.
      February 14, 2017 9:28 PM MST

• I think to think it is normal... but to act upon it? As Didge alluded  earlier ... it's a bit of a one way street
      February 15, 2017 1:11 AM MST