Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are you incredulous? Warning this is political! Why do some people believe the opposite?

Are you incredulous? Warning this is political! Why do some people believe the opposite?

So apparently the Canadian PM thinks Trump is an idiot. Pretty much the rest of the world think's he's an idiot, half or more of America think's he's an idiot.. I am by nature a psychologist and people watcher... why are there some, who, no matter what facts they are given, or see before them still believe the total opposite to others? Do then not see what others can? When they are given facts they will still not believe them...I am struggling to understand...

I am a Brit, we know that.. here we have many different opinions, we often find people who disagree with our opinions, but when presented with facts we can usually admit we were wrong... and we don't seem to be such polar opposites as we see with the Trump regime... how come, is this phenomenon because of Trump? 

Posted - February 15, 2017

Responses

• Same thing can be said the other way around.  Just sayin'.
      February 15, 2017 11:26 AM MST

It's an interesting read, way too long, but interesting.  The problem is, it's an opinion piece.  He doesn't cite the exact study in this article and I am left wondering how many participants were actually involved and what the cross sectional representation was. 
      February 15, 2017 11:59 AM MST

Trump is busy, getting rid of all the very liberal  executive orders that Obama signed, which is a real plus, he had us heading in a dangerous direction , Trump is using much more common sense.
      February 15, 2017 12:21 PM MST

• Because they are lazy, for one. It's a lot easier to adapt new information around what we already want to believe. Less work, less research. Lying becomes alternative realities, racism is acceptable under fear and deregulation becomes necessary.
    That's one, on the other hand there's the ones that finally feel validated in their backwards, turn of the century thinking by having someone just like them telling them it is ok to be . . .well . . Backwards. . .
    They are not embarrassed anymore. . .something like that.
      February 15, 2017 12:39 PM MST