Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What is Russia's end game?

What is Russia's end game?

Posted - February 15, 2017

Responses

Great question. I wish I knew.
      February 15, 2017 2:01 PM MST

It depends upon where you are talking about.  Syria?  Libya?  Ukraine?  China?  U.S.?

My generalized guess:  world domination.

February 15, 2017 2:05 PM MST

Seriously?  In a poll at the end of 2013 by Win/Gallup (66,000 people in 65 countries), the US was overwhelmingly seen as the greatest threat to world peace.  
    1. 24%   US
    2.    8%  Pakistan
    3.    6%  China
    4.    4%  Afghanistan
            4%  Iran
            4%  North Korea
            4%  Israel

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/06/us-greatest-threat-to-peace-asia-survey?

http://www.ibtimes.com/gallup-poll-biggest-threat-world-peace-america-1525008

We have some 800 military bases spread over 70% of the countries of the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4511744/american-military-bases-overseas/?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

Last year we had US Special Ops Forces in 138 nations worldwide.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/176227/tomgram%3A_nick_turse,_special_ops,_shadow_wars,_and_the_golden_age_of_the_gray_zone/

This post was edited by Bozette at February 15, 2017 5:02 PM MST
      February 15, 2017 3:36 PM MST

LOL!  The U.S. wasn't mentioned in the question Bozette.  Just Russia.  If Zack posed the same question about the U.S. I would probably respond with the same answer. ;-)

February 15, 2017 3:55 PM MST

My point being that no other country, Russia included, is poised to pursue world domination given the facts listed above.
      February 15, 2017 4:04 PM MST

I'm sorry you feel all your hard work collecting data to prove your point is lost on me.  It's not.  I really do understand your point perfectly well but the question wasn't about which country was poised to pursue world domination.  I'm sorry but I'm not looking for a debate here.  Zack asked a question. I answered it with a generality.  

If you want to start a discussion regarding the U.S. and how we are a threat to world peace, or whatever you want to discuss, post a question.  I'll try and stop by.  :-) 
      February 15, 2017 4:24 PM MST

I didn't have to do any work, Harry.  Have a good evening.
      February 15, 2017 4:28 PM MST

You too Bozette.

I guess I should be honest & should have told you outright that I was actually joking around with Zack. since no one knows what's on Putin's mind except for Putin.  I keep forgetting to put "lol" on a lot of my comments.  But, you went out of your way to post all those links and appeared so determined....I felt I should say something else. :(
      February 15, 2017 4:38 PM MST

Not at all, Harry.  I realize it isn't the norm on this and some other sites, but I always try to post links and have many on hand and do not always have to go seek them out.  :)
      February 15, 2017 4:55 PM MST

• Putin's endgame appears to be the restoration of Russia's former territories, allies, and power. That may not be the same as that of the Russian people.

I was playing chess with a guy in Russia at the time MH17 was shot down. He was seriously upset. There was a limit to how much he could say on line but he wanted no part of Putin's expansionism. 
      February 15, 2017 3:58 PM MST

• Listening to a pan on radio national lady night on this very subject .. two Russian speaking experts, one who lived in Moscow the other in a smaller city, have the same viewpoint ... The larger cities are against Putin, but the rural people are all for him
      February 15, 2017 4:33 PM MST

• Sounds like the US. The people in the know are anti-Trump but the little people, those who believed his promises about creating jobs and "making America great again" are all for him. 

Oh, hey, I didn't mean to answer your comment. I'm not talking to you. Not after that red herring in the charcoal.
      February 15, 2017 4:37 PM MST

• Too funny ... Here I was waiting for some pithy rejoinder, and I get a serious answer ... I'll be honest... I didn't know if your reply was incredibly subtle and you were stringing me or not
      February 15, 2017 4:41 PM MST

• No, you got me. It was a fair hit. Of course, as the Didgina would tell you, I have a long memory and I nurse my grudges. Mwahahaha...
      February 15, 2017 4:45 PM MST

• Are you implying that vengeance is a dish best served cold?
    Lol... I'll look forward to this ... Entrapment!
    Do your best sir
      February 15, 2017 4:48 PM MST

• Like to think like most countries .. to be respected, to be part of the future and not to be under anyone's yoke
      February 15, 2017 4:25 PM MST