Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Does your imagination scare you at times? What about the imaginations of others? Do you use yours often or only on special occasions? Why?

Does your imagination scare you at times? What about the imaginations of others? Do you use yours often or only on special occasions? Why?

Posted - February 16, 2017

Responses

While extremely wild and absolutely vivid, it's never scared me. I'm completely comfortable with it. 

~
      February 16, 2017 7:54 AM MST

No. But I believe many Democrats have scared themselves into a frenzy over Trump's Presidency. He is only a president not a king or a dictator. 
    He can effect tax policies, trade policies, if he passes a law that is unconstitutional it can be challenged in court. 
    If you worried about war...Why would you have supported Clinton she was more to a hawk than Trump. 
      February 16, 2017 7:54 AM MST

• I hate Trump and he scares the crap out of me as leader but you're dead on about Hillary.  She seemed hell bent on starting another war. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 16, 2017 8:50 AM MST
      February 16, 2017 8:05 AM MST

This reply has zero to do with the question I asked m2c. A trick you Republicans use all the time when you want to vent or rant about what YOU want to talk about. I prefer those who are responsive. So shoot me!
      February 17, 2017 5:10 AM MST

A local pastor's imagination was kind of scary for a while.  He was advising people against getting vaccinations because it might be violating God's will that we should be afflicted with disease.
    I think somebody eventually got him silenced but at the time it made me wonder -would I be offending God to use an umbrella in the rain if the rain might be meant for me to get soaking wet... This post was edited by Kittigate at February 17, 2017 5:10 AM MST
      February 16, 2017 8:42 AM MST

That pastor is just wrong. God will for us is only good. Disease is never part of His will. We may get a disease or other bad things may happen but that is never God's will for us. 
    Everything that happens in life is not God's will....If it were everyone would be saved, there would be no unbelievers...
      February 16, 2017 8:56 AM MST

If God's existence could be firmly established there would be no unbelievers.
      February 16, 2017 9:25 AM MST

• Good answer 
      February 16, 2017 9:28 AM MST

Thanks.
      February 16, 2017 9:31 AM MST

The topic was God's will.....If there is a God (I believe there is) then there is no question God's will would be all believe.

February 16, 2017 9:46 AM MST

Even in the unlikely event that God was ever proven non-existent there would still be believers;  that would be the will of an imaginary God.
      February 16, 2017 10:18 AM MST

No an imaginary being has no will at all.
      February 16, 2017 10:45 AM MST

Well I dunno why some Christians say they would continue to believe in God if he was proven non-existent. Whose will would that be? I think belief in God is fine, imaginary or not...
    Just literal belief in all the scripture stories can mess things up.

February 16, 2017 11:38 AM MST

You believe in Love don't you Kg? How can you PROVE it exists? People lie all the time. Someone can make you THINK he loves you and may be just using you. You believe love exists because you see evidence of it..manifestations of it..examples of it. Well that happens to be true of God as well for those who are looking for it. Whether you believe or not changes nothing. Love exists or doesn't and it isn't dependent upon your belief in it. Same with compassion or sympathy or understanding of God. They can all be faked or all be true. So you decide what to believe and why but questioning what others choose to believe and why seems a little presumptuous to me...no disrespect intended . :)
      February 17, 2017 5:16 AM MST

That is very scary. I think some of those "people of God" are definitely out of touch with reality. Sadly some people are equally out of touch so they believe that crap! Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Friday to thee.
      February 17, 2017 5:11 AM MST

• No because my imagination leads me to more happier places
      February 16, 2017 8:53 AM MST

• My imagination is a flying carpet. It takes me to wonderful places -- some real, some fantasy -- and it gives me an aerial view of the bulldust that clouds our lives.
      February 16, 2017 2:56 PM MST