Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are your best days behind you or ahead? Why?

Are your best days behind you or ahead? Why?

Posted - February 16, 2017

Responses

I don't even know anymore.
      February 16, 2017 9:50 AM MST

Actually no one knows the answer to that question Zack. I know that more of my life is behind me than ahead of me. At 79 that's a no-brainer. I have a lot of great memories of great times with great  people, some of whom are no longer in my life. But maybe some new folks will come into it and we'll make more memories of great times with great people! What lies ahead? Heck Jim and I play the lottery and if we win BIG MONEY that could definitely change the course of our lives. Exactly how I don't know but I'm guessing it couldn't make our lives worse. Until tomorrow comes today is pretty good  so I enjoy that a lot. Ya never know what is over the next hill or around the next corner. Could be something fabulous!  Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)                                             
      February 17, 2017 1:30 AM MST

That is a wonderful way to travel through life! Always be in the present moment and enjoy it. Too many people put off being happy because they are always looking ahead for what comes next so they miss out on what is right in front of them today! Thank you for your thoughtful reply WW and Happy Friday to you m'dear! :)
      February 17, 2017 1:32 AM MST

As far as bar room brawling goes there behind me - I was one of the best  on the east side back in the day, But besides that I still have have a lot of best days ahead of me like dancing at my Granddaughters wedding. Cheers!
      February 16, 2017 11:16 AM MST

Awesome m'dear! Are you a good dancer Nanoose? It's funny. When I was younger I used to go dancing a lot and thought I could never be with someone who didn't love to dance. Jim and I have been together almost 20 years. You know how many times we've gone dancing? NEVER! I'm very happy so what you think you want/need when you're younger isn't necessarily what makes you happy when you're older.  Bar room brawling sounds dangerous! I'm sure you held your own but I'm really glad that's behind you. I don't think black and blue flatters anyone's skin tone! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      February 17, 2017 1:36 AM MST

Did I have best days? If I did, they are behind me.
      February 16, 2017 11:31 AM MST

How about if you win the lottery? Of course that can only happen if you play. How about if you meet some really great people and become good friends?  I don't think anyone can have too many great people in their lives do yo u? You don't know what's out there for you Mr.B. It could be something awesomely splendid! I hope it is. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      February 17, 2017 1:38 AM MST

• My best days have yet to come! Life doesn't move forward.... living in the past!
      February 16, 2017 2:30 PM MST

I hope that's true for you.  I think memories are precious.  Thinking back to good times with great people, some of whom are no longer in your life for a variety of reasons. No one lives in the past Angela.  Everyone lives in the present. There is no choice in that. It's just that some people are not present in the present. Some are always looking ahead for what comes next and as a result they miss out on NOW. If you live your whole life that way you were never really there to enjoy what enveloped you/surrounded you. Then years later in retrospect you realize what you had that you didn't fully enjoy.   I think remembering the past and honoring the people you've met is not a negative thing at all. I don't dwell there. I do visit at times..briefly. It always makes me happy to think about the people I've loved. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      February 17, 2017 1:42 AM MST

At 63, you would think so. I've done sooooo many things in my life, I should retire. But I won't.  I will fly, until I can't. Then I will run, until I can't. I will crawl, until I can't.  I will beat my fists against the sides of my coffin, until I can't. THEN I will retire.
      February 16, 2017 2:39 PM MST

• Now that's one funeral I'd like to attend. It's not gonna happen, of course. I've got too big a start on you. :)
      February 16, 2017 2:48 PM MST

((hugs)) You will not go quietly into that long good night! Me too neither bh. I'm gonna fight all the way to the end as best I can and enjoy every minute as best as I can. I don't like the alternative! Thank you for your thoughtful answer and Happy Friday to you m'dear! :)
      February 17, 2017 1:45 AM MST

• Physically? R.I.P.
    Emotionally? As good as ever and I don't expect a downturn.
    Creatively? I think the best is ahead.
    Intellectually? Did you ever hear the story about the old geezer who went to the fridge, opened the door, and stood there wondering...
      February 16, 2017 2:46 PM MST

RIP? I dunno Didge. No one alive KNOWS for sure what comes next. All we have are opinions and views and beliefs. We opine and discuss and cogitate and still we cannot go beyond that veil until we "die". So as far as RIP goes I'm gonna put that off the table for myself and just wait and see. Here's what I'd like to have happen. That after we "die" our lives don't change at all EXCEPT that there is no pain or disease or war or hate. We still will have our disagreements. BUT we will always be able to discuss them calmly, intelligently and cordially! All the people who have left our lives whom we miss will be there too. it wil be one huge he**uva block party 24/7! Now do I really believe that's what lies ahead? No.  But is the door open a teeny tiny bit to that possibility or others like it? You betcha! Now about that old geezer.....Thank you for your reply Didge and Happy Friday evening! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 17, 2017 2:42 AM MST
      February 17, 2017 1:52 AM MST

• Rosie, on this subject you will probably find the answers given by Livvie and YogaFan to THIS QUESTION interesting. I did. I've run across personal accounts like these before and don't dismiss them readily. 
      February 17, 2017 2:44 AM MST

Past lives. It is used as an explanation for genius, especially at a very early age. There are no closed doors in my mind about this topic. However there are quantum realities to deal with. Multiple dimensions, parallel universes. I think I might have mentioned this before to you. We believe our world is 3-dimensional because that's all humans can perceive. It may consist of  10 dimensions and in those other 7 are all the answers to all the miracles,mysteries. It makes more sense to me than ghosts. There are people who have experienced contact with extra-terrestrials. Are they nuts or have they really contacted the inexplicable? Thousands of years ago things were built that we cannot duplicate today, so they say. The question is HOW? Were we much more sophisticated/knowledgeable then and have lost all of that through some quirk of fate? Did superbeings lead us to the discovery of ways to do things? I don't know. I think anything is possible. Past lives. Multiple dimensions. Parallel universes. Extraterrestrial beings. I haven't encountered any personally but that doesn't mean others haven't and that they don't exist. Why some people have these experiences and others don't I cannot say. It is interesting and that is an understatement! Thanks for the heads up Didge!  :)
      February 17, 2017 4:07 AM MST

• And (red rag to a bull, I know) in all those parallel universes and multiple dimensions, I could never have  imagined a President Chump. 
      February 17, 2017 3:26 PM MST

Nor  could I. I'd like to send him to one of them. Either that or the cornfield where "bad people" go in one of the long-ago Twilight Zone episodes. Never to hear from him again. That would sure be nice! Thank you for your reply Didge! :)
      February 18, 2017 1:51 AM MST