Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think the immigrants day off work protest will be affective?

Do you think the immigrants day off work protest will be affective?

Today many immigrants in the US will take the day off work to point out how important they are to the economy. I think it's going to be  effective because numbers don't lie and at the end of the day they will be able to see how much money the Country lost because of a slow down in production. Cheers!

Posted - February 16, 2017

Responses

• It might be. But it also doesn't seem to make a distinction between illegal and legal immigrants. A lot of the immigrant question is about the illegal ones, not the legal ones. 
      February 16, 2017 10:42 AM MST

Excellent reply.
      February 16, 2017 12:41 PM MST

Not effective, the question is about illegal aliens. Not legal ones. 
      February 16, 2017 10:51 AM MST

As usual you have a excellent reply.
      February 16, 2017 12:42 PM MST

• I feel like I'm one of the very few people that understands that this is about illegal immigrants. No one has a problem with legal immigrants. This nation was built on immigration. Legal immigration. This "protest" doesn't differentiate between how many are legal and how many are illegal. In order for this "protest" to work, they need to have every immigrant that is here illegally to stay out of work. As a bonus, we could  potentially deport them and give those jobs to legal immigrants and American citizens.
      February 16, 2017 12:15 PM MST

Very good response, thanks.
      February 16, 2017 12:44 PM MST

You hit the nail right on the head. Star for you.
      February 16, 2017 4:24 PM MST

• No show for work often results in termination. This may backfire for participants.
      February 16, 2017 8:39 PM MST