Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » If twitter and facebook shut down, how would that affect you?

If twitter and facebook shut down, how would that affect you?

Posted - February 16, 2017

Responses

• Not at all.
      February 16, 2017 3:20 PM MST

well, it would make it more difficult to keep in contact with friends and family. would have to go back to the old way. i wouldn't care if twitter closed.
      February 16, 2017 3:22 PM MST

I quit Facebook just yesterday for personal and health reasons.  Might go back when I feel better.
      February 16, 2017 3:26 PM MST

• Spending too much time on those SH groups? lol
      February 16, 2017 3:29 PM MST

No.  I only belong to one small private one that is really friendly.  

It's more like family drama that one member of my family don't believe in keeping sibling stuff PRIVATE.  You know, the child like adult that needs a whole big audience to hash out serious grudges while she finishes off some more vodka?  

Having some health issues kinda forced my hand in walking away from that sort of stress and drama.  I rather poke at politicians here.  LOL
      February 16, 2017 3:42 PM MST

• ohhh  gotcha.   Sorry to hear about all that.   I never friended or even let most of my friends and family know I opened opened one because of that kind of BS.
      February 16, 2017 3:44 PM MST

I was a huge fan of FB because of family and some really wonderful friends.  My family is scattered all about.  But you only need one bad apple that don't respect family privacy and once words go out there for your closest to see, I'm out.  See, I won't fight back on a public setting with a loved one.  I sure wanted to return the favor, but quit before I lost my own integrity.  The difference is, is that I would have been telling the truth and I would have been dead sober.  

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at February 17, 2017 12:48 AM MST
      February 16, 2017 4:03 PM MST

• "Overjoyed!!" ... one less reason to see the word "TRUMP" everyday!
      February 16, 2017 3:27 PM MST

Not at all.
      February 16, 2017 3:55 PM MST

• I'd be sad :( Face book like everything on the net is a tool...something we can use, access as and when we need and want.. I have lovely peeps on mine, special people, a few family, and unlike some of the stories on here these are awesome, awesome family who bring utter joy to me. Family I'd never have known if it weren't for FB... cite I have a truly amazing aunt in NZ, she grew up with my mum, and she is just like the GOOD parts of my mum, a truly fabulous sense of humour and cooler than heck...

And I keep many of my first internet friends there.. and cat people... I love them to bits, cool people...

AND yea there are a few ex's lol.. they make me sad sometimes, or one does, and I feel sad for others...but they MEAN something to me.. there's a connection. I would feel sadder to lose...

I don't do twitter.
      February 16, 2017 3:58 PM MST

It wouldn't affect me at all.
      February 16, 2017 4:05 PM MST

I do neither
      February 16, 2017 5:02 PM MST

• It wouldn't affect me at all, other than inspiring some giddy laughter at the social media junkies going into withdrawal. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 16, 2017 8:47 PM MST
      February 16, 2017 5:08 PM MST

• If Twitter ceased to exist or wouldn't bother me. Losing Facebook wouldn't bother me much except for keeping in touch with my relatives who live in other countries. 
      February 16, 2017 5:15 PM MST

Not at all. I've never been on twitter. Looked at Facebook a few times.  Not my thing.
      February 16, 2017 5:32 PM MST

• It wouldn't affect me at all. I don't use either and wouldn't put my life on Facebook for anything.
      February 16, 2017 5:34 PM MST

I don't have a Twitter account, so no loss there.  Facebook is usually where I keep up with friends and family, but I could phone them or write.
      February 16, 2017 6:05 PM MST

• It wouldn't. I don't use them.
      February 16, 2017 6:10 PM MST

• I don't use Twitter. I mainly use Facebook to keep in touch with family across the country and across the ocean.
      February 16, 2017 6:15 PM MST

• I understand how useful that can be. I had an account for a while but the grandkids posted so much inane drivel on it I closed it down in self defence. We can stay in touch by telephone.
      February 16, 2017 6:20 PM MST

• Since I don't have a Facebook account and don't Twitter it wouldn't bother me at all but I have come under pressure from some family members to open a Facebook account, it just doesn't appeal to me.
      February 16, 2017 10:31 PM MST