Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Care to tell potential non-American members why they should join answerMug?

Care to tell potential non-American members why they should join answerMug?

I'm linking this question to an ad. Put on your happy faces, folks. We need to grab them while they're here. I'll get the rope while you distract them!!!

Posted - February 16, 2017

Responses

Do you want to have fun and adventure while learning all about Americans. Answer Mug is an opportunity for "non-Americans" to learn the unvarnished / raw truth about Americans and America. They can ask questions and get answers no tourist book can supply. Like any country we have the "good" the "bad" and the "not so good". Even if you don't ask a question you can see the different views and attitudes that make up Americans. As a member of the answerMug community you have to be brave, patient, and be prepared for some wild; some ingenious; some profound; some funny and yes some daring provocative answers and questions. Are you ready? If so sign up and join the family. I'll be here to welcome you........AncientOne. This post was edited by Ancient One at February 17, 2017 9:00 PM MST
      February 16, 2017 4:17 PM MST

• It's interesting, because one of the things I value most from my six years contributing to sites like this is getting to know how Americans think. Perhaps paradoxically, I can understand the pro-Trumpers as well as his detractors. I've learned about your political system, your people, your symbols ... I've even learned about Walmart. (Fortunately they haven't made the crossing to Oz. Yet.)

February 16, 2017 6:06 PM MST

• I enjoy having opinions, beliefs, thoughts, etc. from people who live in other countries. I enjoy your input and your humor!
      February 16, 2017 6:09 PM MST

• Thanks, Jeremy. Right back at you. :)
      February 16, 2017 6:24 PM MST

• I hope you never do.
      February 16, 2017 7:10 PM MST

Good morning Didge (here is is 06:33 EST), Just reading your questions and answers I have learned more about Australia than I ever thought I could without actually going there. You also have made me want to visit. Visit the real Australia. As far as Walmart if you want a laugh and a cringe there are a few web sites that are called something like "people of Walmart", or "citizens of Walmart" there are pictures of Walmart Shoppers in all sorts of attire. They will make you glad you don't have one in your neighborhood.   
      February 17, 2017 4:39 AM MST

• Thanks for the kind words, Ancient. A guy named Golf Brookes has a song on YouTube called "Seniors Moments" in which he said he had a senior's moment at Walmart and they tried to hire him. That one line speaks volumes for the reputation of the chain. 

February 17, 2017 3:23 PM MST

Because questions are best answered with a point of view from people all around the  World. Cheers! 
      February 16, 2017 4:21 PM MST

Just tell them I am here!!
      February 16, 2017 4:56 PM MST

• Because if they don't join we're going to send trump on  a state visit... And things will never be the same!

That should do it JA ... No need to thank me... :)
      February 16, 2017 4:57 PM MST

• I don't think even Randy D would criticise that lower-case t for Trump. He scarcely merits a capital -- in either sense of the word. 
      February 16, 2017 6:08 PM MST

• Great thought on either capital .. :)
      February 16, 2017 6:42 PM MST

I don't see AnswerMug as an American thing.
    True it is based in The US, run by a Lady based in the US, but
    I see people from all over the world on here.
    Very diversified and very unique, and very
    welcome to people from across the Globe.
         I don't see it as a "Made in America thing"
    my experience is that it is an international
    house of goodwill for all to share in.
         But hey, that's just me,
    my head and my heart are into the oneness thing,
    the unification...
    when people come together.

February 16, 2017 4:57 PM MST

Because we welcome new members so as to have a broad understanding of the world around us.  Because we're interested in what citizens of other countries think about world issues and because more members mean more interesting questions.
      February 16, 2017 6:00 PM MST

• I've been contributing to sites like answerMug since 2011 when Ask.com had a Q&A community. I've learned a few things but that's not the big attraction. I have come to know and understand people from other countries (especially the U.S. who dominated Ask) in a way that I couldn't otherwise do without living among them for a time.

Sites like answerMug allow me to use my creativity. I've written a couple of books, had columns published in newspapers and magazines, and write a popular chess blog. I can keep that creativity flowing on this site, partly through answers to questions, partly through my answerMug blog.

AnswerMug is my online home and its  members are my online family. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 17, 2017 9:02 PM MST
      February 16, 2017 6:02 PM MST

• We don't bite.
      February 16, 2017 7:14 PM MST

I'm no salesman.
      February 16, 2017 7:16 PM MST

Join Answermug - home of the Anti-Trump questions! Everybody is welcome! Come and talk with the champ for free! Join AM today! This post was edited by righty1 at February 16, 2017 8:14 PM MST
      February 16, 2017 8:04 PM MST

We have President Trump rants, umm, I mean questions!  Lots of them!

Foreign heads of state and candidates are feeling left out because there's nobody here to go on endless rants about them, umm, I mean ask questions about them!  So join the party and rant, umm, I mean ask about Vladimir Putin or Benjamin Netanyahu or Mauricio Macri!

February 16, 2017 9:30 PM MST

'Round and 'Round and 'Round we go
    At answerMug everyone's opinion and knowledge shows
    We learn and we laugh and we make lots of friends
    everyone has a thought their sure to lend
    Round and round and round we go
    together we make sure answerMug will never end!

Come join the Fun!

February 18, 2017 2:22 PM MST