Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Refugees. A world-wide tragedy. Solution? All anti-refugee folks replace the refugees. Live their lives. Why wouldn't that work?

Refugees. A world-wide tragedy. Solution? All anti-refugee folks replace the refugees. Live their lives. Why wouldn't that work?

No anti-refugee has ever been one. They don't know what living those lives is like. They have no empathy or compassion so they either don't realize the horror or they don't give a rat's  a**. They should. What better way to stop the ignorance than by educating them and what better way to educate them than to allow them the great honor and privilege to be refugees for..say...a month. Some people have no imagination. They have to live it to understand it. I know it is an impossible dream. Too bad. Some folks need to  be afraid, hungry, desperate and despairing and worry about how to save their children's lives...to become human. :(

Posted - February 17, 2017

Responses

• Someone's been watching CNN again. Here's the thing people don't get. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the refugees. The majority of Americans want to help. We are one of the most generous nations when it comes to foreign aid. No, there is a whole other reason. Let's start with ISIS. They have clearly pointed out on numerous occasions that they will infiltrate any refugee popoulation that enters American land to achieve their goals. That is a clear and direct threat. That's like having 100 people coming to your house and finding out that at least one of then is cold blooded murderer who plans to kill you and your family. You're telling me you'd still let them all in?
    Not only that, we have to be sure that the refugees that are coming here are willing to become part of us and be willing to submit to our laws. There are many refugees that won't. That's how these no-go cities have cropped up inside Europe and are causing problems. That is why there is a temporary ban on immigration and refugees. We must do everything in our power to be sure that those we do let into our country aren't here to do us harm by setting up a system that will allow us to vet them. We must think of our own people first before helping anyone else. That is also not to mention the many many male refugees that are eligible to fight. Those that are eligible to fight need to stay in their country and fight for it.
      February 17, 2017 8:04 AM MST

Hello, Cory:

Your assumption WOULD be true IF we didn't vett these people AT ALL..  But, it's NOT true because we DO vett them, so  I don't make the assumption you do..

excon
      February 17, 2017 8:11 AM MST

But they are getting through. That's the problem.
      February 17, 2017 8:25 AM MST

• Our intelligence communities have stated more than once that with our current system there is no way we can properly vett these people. This means we must create a new, stronger way to vet these people to keep American citizens safe. Hence the need for the temporary travel ban.
      February 17, 2017 8:32 AM MST

• It's not possible to vett the refugees because many of them come without any identification and I saw the reporter who had a handful of Syrian ID papers including passports that he had obtained to show how easy it was.

If you keep up with the situation in Europe then you should understand why taking in all of those immigrants isn't working.  Yesterday it was reported that 450,000 crimes had been committed by immigrants in Germany alone.  In England and Wales 56% of Syrian immigrants committed a serious crime within their first year of arrival.  In Austria a poll showed that more than 40% of immigrants thought that Sharia law took priority over the law of the land.  Now Frau Merkel is offering money to these immigrant to go home, these are the people she welcomed just over a year ago.

My question after seeing that the majority of these immigrants are young men, why don't they stay and fight for their country?  I grew up in postwar Britain, I played in bombed out buildings. For four years Britain was bombed by the Germans every night, my mother used to talk about how they tried to eat dinner before the air raid sirens went off.  The English channel is only 26 miles wide, that's how close the enemy was and yet the men young and old fought they didn't bugger off to Australia or some other safe country.  My grandfather is in a grave in France killed by the Germans, we visited both the British and American cemetaries they are graveyards full of teenagers  tombstones as far as you can see in any direction.  Refugees also don't come equipped with mobile phones and designer clothing demanding to be taken to the country of their choice.

It is estimated that one in five of these immigrants is an ISIS plant.  In February of 2015 ISIS said they were going to flood Europe with refugees and that's exactly what they've done.

This is a different situation than in other times, people in the US should be aware of what has happened to good people who felt sympathy and wanted to help but it's all backfired and even Merkel is realising she made a huge mistake.
      February 18, 2017 12:40 AM MST

:):):)
      February 18, 2017 1:59 AM MST

Wrong Corey! I don't watch CNN. I am an MSNBC gal. What does that have to do with the point of my question? If you walk in someone else's shoes only then can you know if they pinch or hobble you. I appreciate your thoughtful reply to my question. it was absent insult and that is always a happy circumstance for me. I totally disagree with you though. I think the fear mongering has taken over America. We are a nation afraid of our own shadows. Promulgating fear as a reason to elect someone is never a good idea and that's what happened. It is shameful and unfortunate. It does NOT speak well for America in my opinion. Happy Saturday m'dear! ;)
      February 18, 2017 1:58 AM MST

• Happy Saturday, Rosie. With something like this I always refer back to one thing. We must think of American citizens first. Everyone else comes second. As to why, I will refer you to yogafan's response to excon. Yogafan gave the specifics I couldn't find. It may sound harsh, but we don't need to be inflicting that kind of crime and hurt on our own children; on our own men and women just for the sake of theirs. By letting the refugees in without a system in place, we are simply placing the problem on our own children, men, and women. That's just ridiculous.
      February 18, 2017 6:46 AM MST

I did read that Corey and honestly I was shocked. So the innocent suffer for the sins of the evildoers? What else is new? Isn't that always the way? I think it sucks but what can you do? I guessit's just not possible to target the bad guys alone. There is always going to be innocents who are murdered to get to the terrorists. Here's what bothers me though. What about all the BAD GUYs already in the US who are American citizens? All the ones who belong to militia groups and hate groups and racist groups?  They're armed and ready to go. Who protects us from them? I think I'm gonna ask that question. Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful reply and Happy Saturday m'dear!  :)
      February 18, 2017 6:54 AM MST

• That's a good question and you're right. We have more than enough problems of our own. Sandy Hook and the Charleston church shooting are proof of that. Also, look at Chicago and other similar cities. They have very high homicide rates and it doesn't show signs of stopping. Even in my own city here in North Carolina we can barely go three or four days without someone being shot, stabbed, or beaten to death or even child molestation through domestic violence or through perverted teachers. In fact, the place I work at has a shady hotel right next door. I can't even count the number of killings, drug overdoses, and fights that have happened there. This only goes to further prove my point though. We know for a fact that taking the refugees in will not stop the refugees from experiencing the hardships of dealing with terrorists and criminals. We know this because we have Europe as proof. Bringing them into America will only mean that the crime and violence that follows the refugees will be introduced into our own communities that already have enough to deal with in the form of crime. Do we really want or need to add all those crime statistics from Europe into American communities? If we can't keep the refugees safe by taking them in (and we know it won't keep them safe) why should we take them in and risk American citizen's safety in the process if it won't solve the original problem of keeping the refugees safe?

As far as the bad guys who are already here in our communities, that's what we have the police, military, and other orginizations for. Many neighborhoods have crimestoppers, crime tip lines, or neighborhood watches where the citizens are able to help each other. We also have the benefit of the 2nd Amendment where we are allowed to own firearms in order to protect ourselves should the need arive if the police aren't able to respond quickly. As a nation, we protect and help ourselves. Also, if our country were to come under attack as many of the refugee's nations have, we wouldn't all be trying to leave for another country. Many of us who are eligible to fight, would stay behind and fight for our country, as many of the refugees need to do. I know I would.

Sadly, the innocent will always suffer as a result of horrible people. There is no getting away from that. Myself and others who think as I do just don't think it's a smart idea to make the American people suffer if we can prevent it.

I apologize for the long answer. :)
      February 18, 2017 3:52 PM MST