Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Are there any other former Blurtit.comers on here?

Are there any other former Blurtit.comers on here?

As a former blurtit.com member. im just wondering if there are other former members on here as well, and what were your reasons for leaving?

the owners just don't care and it was unfair how they threw away the moderators like yesterday's newspaper (and even banning them from the site completely) after spending years and lots of their time making the site enjoyable for everyone.  the site is full of spam and people are just complaining even more about it and even how the owners don't care to deal with any of the issues, the site is going to the burner fast. This morning- i changed my email (on the site) to a random email that i won't be able to remember, than i copied and pasted random letters in the "change password" field, changed my display name, removed my pic, and than clicked "save settings" than i clicked "log out".. now i have no way of getting back into my old blurtit account :)

Posted - February 17, 2017

Responses

I'm not from Blurtit.com but I can't stop blurting about it;))
      February 17, 2017 11:24 PM MST

LOL your reply is too funny!!! :D
      February 17, 2017 11:59 PM MST

Ha ha thanks dear by now you might know I'm quite not the serious type;))
      February 18, 2017 1:24 PM MST

in foods class, the teacher asked the class what this particular cooking instrument was called, no one was answering (i knew the answer) but i blurted out the wrong thing by mistake- confidently too xD This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at February 25, 2017 1:01 AM MST
      February 18, 2017 9:22 AM MST

Yes,always say confidently what you wanna say,let them figure out if it is wrong or not;))
      February 18, 2017 1:25 PM MST

• SKUNKY STINKERSON!!!

NOW I know I am glad I came on AnswerMug...
    The reason I left Blurt was because of a troll there...it got after me...and then when the moderation policies changed things just got too difficult. But I have been looking at AnswerMug, and I hope there seems to be really good moderation here!

Anyway, yes I was on Blurt for a long time and now I am SOOOOOOOO glad to see you here!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 18, 2017 6:28 AM MST
      February 17, 2017 11:33 PM MST

VIRGINIAL!!! :) i was wondering where you went during my last days of that site (hadn't seen you there for a while) and i didn't know the situation you went thru!! so sad that people have to ruin things by being a troll. im glad that you're on here and are back in contact again!! along with Angela, Rooster, Jaimie etc, you were another that i missed as well. Blurtit is just a landfill now-- i think its best that we're on here now  have moved on from there. 
      February 18, 2017 12:05 AM MST

• Hi Skunky, I read with interest all the things you did to camouflage and eliminate your profile from Blurt...and I still get *friend* notifications from spammers who come on Blurt...so I may do the same thing myself someday, you are very creative!

I know that Rooster came here to aMug, but did Angela? I appreciated both of them very much...I hope Angela comes here. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 24, 2017 2:41 PM MDT
      February 18, 2017 12:12 AM MST

I'm here occasionally Skunky but I'm still at Blurtit  for now. The site is slowing down since many have taken flight. I'm starting to hear a bit of an echo over there. 
      February 18, 2017 3:12 AM MST

• Hi Skunky. Yep, I'm one. I hung on till recently hoping the owner would reverse the rot but it didn't happen. I put up a farewell message but Hippy told me it was deleted. 

February 18, 2017 3:38 AM MST

Hi Skunky and Hi Virginia, I missed you you Virginia.

Like a few others I am hanging onto Blurtit more out of curiosity than anything else. Old Walter is sure venting a lot.

All former Blurtit folks could start a "Fomer Blurtit Group" , FBG and keep up with each other's happenings. I don't know if you need a monerator for it or not. Would anyone be interested in it?
      February 18, 2017 4:28 AM MST

• Sounds like a good idea to me Ancient One.
      February 18, 2017 6:33 AM MST

• I'm here occasionally. I check in in the morning and answer a few questions in the evenings. I'm still on Blurtit, usually for short spurts throughout the day.
      February 18, 2017 5:32 AM MST

I've seen and met a lot of you guys here. I like it. :-)
      February 18, 2017 5:37 AM MST

I agree;))
      February 18, 2017 1:26 PM MST

• Angela Anthony are both here Skunky and I'm glad to see some of you here now. I don't miss any of the drama and BS on blurtit one bit. The owner here cares about her site and the members and that's a big difference. So........SKUNKY ! 

February 18, 2017 6:32 AM MST

Hey, Skunky...

Yes, here with my same name---tom jackson....

Operant conditioning takes a while to be extinguished, but Blurtit is doing its best to wean me off that site.  Still a number of good people on there, but the questions seldom are such as to invoke or provide the previous level of interest they once did....

And of course, the one who caused some problems for Virginia is still on there, with their consistent level of insipid answers and comments....

I have found the format on this site to be somewhat unwieldy, but I will admit that is simply due to my lack of familiarity with its presentation---and I am slowly becoming used to it....

I also occasionally visit Amirite...It's fun to go there and drop a few op-ed comments...

Regards,
      February 18, 2017 10:27 AM MST

OK Guys I got a group started called "Blurtit / ASK  & all refugees. Right now there is wait for approval of the picture I posted.
      February 18, 2017 10:48 AM MST

It is up and running! "Blurtit / Ask et al refugees". Pass the word.........
      February 18, 2017 12:40 PM MST