Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What kinds of politically-related questions would be getting posted here had Donald Trump NOT won the presidential election?

What kinds of politically-related questions would be getting posted here had Donald Trump NOT won the presidential election?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

• SPeaking for myself,... none... I have never loathed and despised a political leader as much as I do Trump, he is the epitome of VILE in every way imaginable and I think he will significantly harm America if he isn't stopped. 

Aside from that I am not a political animal....never was... lol before Trump all my discussions were about sex :P
      February 18, 2017 9:31 AM MST

Only thinking about sex? at least you admit your limitations.
      February 18, 2017 11:49 AM MST

• Ahh yet again you make a fundamental and obvious error in one of your replies to me... sigh, please do try harder, it would save us both a lot of wasted time and effort correcting things... I never said I THOUGHT about sex.. I said that prior to Trump my conversations, shall I repeat that word? Conversations, were about sex.. Now you being a smart chap I am sure will appreciate that if one says they DISCUSS sex that doesn't mean they don't DO anything else, it doesn't for instance mean one does or does not have a very active and adventurous sex life, it doesn't mean they CANNOT discuss anything else now does it? It merely reflects that until Trump there was no cause to discuss much else online.. I DO have an avid interest in sexology, psychology and psychotherapy as well as sociology, I've an interest in felines, specifically feline health and also an a keen environmentalist and educationalist.. 

Seriously my friend, with the greatest respect - you do need to read things through properly This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 18, 2017 12:04 PM MST
      February 18, 2017 12:02 PM MST

Wow.  That was very rude and unnecessary.
      February 19, 2017 12:21 PM MST

• Maybe??? Not policy but??
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2017 12:22 PM MST
      February 18, 2017 9:33 AM MST

• Why aren't you grateful Hillary is trying to start  a war with Russia?
    Why do people still make a big deal over Hillary cheating and stealing her nom from Sanders?

We were screwed the moment the primaries were over. One way or the other.
      February 18, 2017 9:34 AM MST

• Yep! Either way we were doomed!
      February 18, 2017 9:36 AM MST

• Here's something that cracks me up.  Hillary supporters who are now dumbfounded that Trump is ignoring military and intelligence officials.  Uhhh,  your darling Hillary was and planned on doing the same exact thing when she ignored EVERY military and intelligence advisor about her half-baked No-fly zone being an absolute promise of war with Russia.  Then how they want to say how he cheated his way to the White House while denying that Hillary lied, cheated, and stole her nom from Sanders.
    Not saying that the flaws of Trump aren't true or to be ignored but when your own darling candidate did the same damn things and you forgive her or turn a blind eye to them.  Well, you're FOS too.
    Both sides have that " It's okay when we do it." mentality that makes people like me want to throw them all in the chipper.
      February 18, 2017 9:44 AM MST

Yes, it's always My Side Good Other Side Bad with the political people.
      February 18, 2017 1:35 PM MST

• It's the monopoly on virtue mentality.
      February 18, 2017 1:40 PM MST

They just have a different point of view.

How political partisans see themselves:

How they come across to people whose lives aren't ruled by political partisanship:

February 18, 2017 1:51 PM MST

Non partisanship is an ideology just like anything else. Just like any other ideology it can be taken to extreme levels.

It's basically an obsessive faith in compromise. When you put sane people and mad people in a room and ask them to compromise the result is something half mad. That's not enough to build a sustainable civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 19, 2017 2:41 AM MST
      February 19, 2017 2:39 AM MST

That's true but when I said partisans I was talking about people who either agree with liberals on every single issue or people who agree with conservatives on every single issue.  It's possible that either the Democrats or the Republicans could just go away in the future and be replaced with something else that has some liberal and some conservative ideas and that would turn a lot of people who don't think they're independents right now into partisan supporters for the new party that comes along.

Donald Trump got a good start on that because conservatives didn't think he was all that conservative.    The people in my family who are all conservative all the time just didn't want Donald Trump at all.  They all voted for more right wing third parties.

February 19, 2017 12:14 PM MST

• He's not conservative and what's even more that people mistake him for is that he is anything but a libertarian.
      February 19, 2017 12:32 PM MST

I've never heard him called a Libertarian but he's taken some unlibertarian and disturbing positions on a couple of issues.  The label that seems to describe him best is nationalist populist.
      February 19, 2017 11:20 PM MST

• I've been running into quite a few self-proclaimed libertarians who just think he is the bee's knees.  Then again the Libertarian party has been ripped to shreds and isn't really about libertarian ideas anymore.

That is probably the best way to describe but thing is though populist is pretty much a meaningless political term. It's used in derogative terms often but the idea itself isn't really negative and it doesn't really describe the leanings of a politician.
    It's funny though.  Not saying you are at all, but many people on the left use the term populist as a way to deride him when traditionally populism and populist movements have been left wing ( typically far left) in the USA and most 1st world Western countries. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2017 10:37 AM MST
      February 20, 2017 10:14 AM MST

I have noticed that several staunch Republicans began identifying as Libertarian when it became clear Trump was tromping their choice.  For some reason they seem to think that a)  Trump is Libertarian, b)  they have even a modicum of understanding of libertarian ideals, and c)  that we cannot see them for what they really are.  
      February 20, 2017 10:35 AM MST

• It's corporate objectivism  hiding behind libertarianism.
      February 20, 2017 10:43 AM MST

That pretty much sums it up.  
      February 20, 2017 10:48 AM MST

Nationalist populist is what Breitbart calls President Trump and I don't think they're being derisive since they seem to be his biggest cheerleader.  Mark Levin who is not President Trump's biggest cheerleader also calls him a nationalist populist.  I guess that makes him a nationalist populist since there's really nothing else to describe him.

The only Libertarian I know in my family just doesn't like Donald Trump.  She voted for Gary Johnson.

February 20, 2017 12:56 PM MST

• There isn't really.
      February 20, 2017 1:49 PM MST

• Monopoly on virtue...  Ayup
      February 19, 2017 12:25 PM MST

• Interesting perspective... but I am not convinced that the *relationship* with Russia won't turn sour... I believe it will... I have believed this from the start... and my posts reflect that.. Russia cannot be trusted and I think all this just makes America higher on their list...My personal belief is that it's a lull America into a false sense of security while building up strength and weakening Europe...
      February 18, 2017 9:39 AM MST

• I honestly don't follow what you are saying or how that relates to her insane desire for the no-fly zone.
    I don't trust or want to get cozy with Putin's Russia,  however pushing them and creating a war with them over some hell hole that has none of our own interest in it is pretty damn stupid too. It is  just warhawk interventionism. The same warhawk interventionism that has made a mess out of the region to begin with. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2017 12:26 PM MST
      February 18, 2017 9:56 AM MST