Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » That's gotta be WRONG. Is The Donald meeting folks in Florida to plan his 2020 campaign? OY VEY! Is he that clueless?

That's gotta be WRONG. Is The Donald meeting folks in Florida to plan his 2020 campaign? OY VEY! Is he that clueless?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

• Weelllllll we appreciate that you believe that is so... and there are other Trump supporters who would agree with you... however, there are many who disagree.. and I do mean many, as in Trump's approval rating is low 30s now and over half the country at least disagrees... as does most of the rest of the world.. who stand back and laugh or are incredulous at the antics of the Trumpet..
    When one analyses it it is truly debatable as to what he has achieved... He imposed a ban, which he then backtracked on several times, first allowing those with a dual Brit passport and then with a dual EU passport to enter EVEN IF they are from the banned countries... that ban was subsequently overturned.. 

So i am struggling to see exactly what he has achieved here? Dissent? Chaos? Messing up re his cabinet appointments?  Making America an even bigger laughing stock? Banning refugees who have neither the energy or resources to fight back? Making an utter dis-respectable spectacle of himself at a press conference?

Did I miss something? 

February 19, 2017 5:47 AM MST

Why would I care what the world or any other countries think of Trump? As long as he continues to look out for the USA....I am happy.
    So he had an EO paused by an circuit court, they all have had that happen. Coincidentally a court who approx 75% of their rulings are overturned by higher courts. 
      February 19, 2017 5:54 AM MST

• Aww bless you m2c.. I do love hearing your opinions. You are such fun to debate with.  SO let's examine the point why should I care.. well because how America is seen affects America internationally, it affects trade, it affects their bargaining position, it affects their popularity, it affects the amount of respect they are able to command around the world in terms of leadership or in international conferences.. it even affects America's security... 

So there is much to debate upon in terms of how, or even IF he does or is looking after America.. the amount he's cost you so far, $9 mil for the weekends, and the cost of renting Strumpet Tower is nothing to be sneezed at... let's put a conservative estimate so far... $13.5 million shelled out for the first 3 weeks... wonder what that money could have been spent on that might do some good? 
      February 19, 2017 6:02 AM MST

I have no worries about trade deals and bartering positions (this is why we elected Trump) and besides the trade deals (send my job to another country deals) can't get worse....Our position can only get stronger as we begin to lead again...No more leading from behind BS. 
    Security is par for the course they all get it...It is required. It was probably cheaper at Mar la go because Trump already has excellent security system there so SS would only need to patch into it rather than install a Million dollar system which they usually do (and yes SS pays for it) 
      February 19, 2017 6:10 AM MST

Who do you think pays for the Secret Service?  WE THE TAXPAYERS.  You may not mind paying for his weekends and campaign rallies, but I do. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 20, 2017 2:28 AM MST
      February 19, 2017 7:40 AM MST

• We've paid that for ALL presidents. Did it bother you to pay for theirs as well? 
      February 19, 2017 8:13 AM MST

The point I was addressing was "Trump already has excellent security system there so SS would only need to patch into it rather than install a Million dollar system which they usually do (and yes SS pays for it)." 

As for your other question:  Did we have to pay for security in two different residences at the same time for other presidents?  Did we have to pay for other presidents visiting their vacation residences every weekend?  Trump is in office one month, he won the office, why is he holding rallies to which we have to pay to fly him and for which we have to pay for security?  Does he really need such frequent adulation from his voters?  I'd rather pay for him to visit a shrink than to hold all these "I am the greatest" rallies. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 19, 2017 1:50 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 1:49 PM MST

I wouldn't mind paying for a one way ticket to some far away land where he could never come back from.
      February 19, 2017 10:26 AM MST

:):):)
      February 20, 2017 2:28 AM MST

thats weird, he hasnt even finished this term
      February 18, 2017 8:50 PM MST

Maybe he realizes he's already blown the first term and wants to start focusing on a second.
      February 19, 2017 10:31 AM MST

Blowing the first term is usually seen as a sure way not to get a second ;)
      February 19, 2017 9:45 PM MST

Sure. We the people will let his disastrous first term slide and focus on all the great things he will do in the second term. Right. Insane. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      February 20, 2017 2:30 AM MST