Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » So when you are on your death bed and having your last moments. How many times do you suppose you will have survived the end of the world?

So when you are on your death bed and having your last moments. How many times do you suppose you will have survived the end of the world?

I'm not even 40 and I am already up to around 4 or 5.

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

These were false alarms, not to be mistaken for the official warning given.  (Matthew 24:14)
      February 18, 2017 12:04 PM MST

• So I can expect at least one  more?
      February 18, 2017 12:07 PM MST

This is the one no one is listening to. Because of all the rest of the false alarms bible prophecy says by none other than the Lord and king Christ "then if anyone says to you, 'Look! Here is the Christ, or, 'there!" do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in throse days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they took note note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:23,24,36,37) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at February 18, 2017 1:08 PM MST
      February 18, 2017 1:06 PM MST

• Hey Glis,
    I'm thinking there might be quotation marks "" applied here, i.e.,  "End of the World". I'm over 50, and based on the persistence of doomsaying in that span, I'd say I'm north of a dozen already. Of course if any were truly the end, there would be no ongoing count. 

On a side note, does it bother anyone else that so many sects advocate that the world ending is a good thing? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 18, 2017 12:13 PM MST
      February 18, 2017 12:12 PM MST

• On your side note:
    It sure as hell does.
      February 18, 2017 12:14 PM MST

• Now that the end of Harold Camping's world has come (he's the guy who made all the Doomsday predictions) I don't expect there'll be too many more.

As one of his more recent predictions approached a couple of enterprising Americans put up a web site stating that they were "animal-loving atheists". They pointed out that Christians woiuld not be able to take their pets with them at the Rapture and that as they were called up into the sky to meet Jesus their poor pets would be left to fend for themselves. For a $50 registration fee these animal-loving atheists would guarantee to care for all registered pets. 

Considering the number of people who believe the Rapture is going to happen I should think that they made a packet.
      February 18, 2017 3:23 PM MST

have no idea
      February 18, 2017 8:50 PM MST