Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Shouldn't Trump pay for his trips to Florida on weekends? Let him pay for himself?

Shouldn't Trump pay for his trips to Florida on weekends? Let him pay for himself?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

• Perhaps Trumpet needs way more protection cos he's so deeply unpopular - it's indefensible that he's also profiting from his choice of trips.
      February 19, 2017 4:56 AM MST

It is the same protection they all get....
    He is not profiting from staying at his.property.  Just as W did not profit from staying at his.
      February 19, 2017 5:36 AM MST

• Ahem.. i beg to differ.. as they ARE paying him for accommodation at Florida and for renting space at Strumpet Tower. If he waived that fee, as they ARE only there to protect him.. I'd have a lot more respect for him. 

And the point would be too.. .well ok then if as a prez you know you are going to cause that amount of costs for protection.. you would surely consider twice or even three times whether you really need to go to Florida 3 weeks in a row? Regardless of whether you personally agree with it or not, if this carries on it's going to cost your country an astronomical amount and as others have said - he will have exceeded in 6 months what it took Obama to spend in 8 years.. money that could be better spent on helping your ailing economy and providing jobs.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2017 12:36 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 12:33 PM MST

They did it for Clinton. They rented the house/building next door. They guarded the Reagan's home in CA and they did not even stay there.  They also did for W Bush and his Crawford Ranch in TX. No difference. They protect wherever they go.
      February 19, 2017 1:20 PM MST

• I never said otherwise and I think we are getting somewhat off track here... we mustn't muddy the water by meandering off topic here..  Yes they protected the Clintons, the Obamas, and now the Trumps, heaven knows the Trumpets need protecting, I am sure, given the antipathy against him by his own populace!  If you look I never said otherwise, so it's kinda a non-point. 

The point is still that Trumps choice to keep going to Florida, so far every weekend, at a cost to the country of around $3 million a trip. SO that's the issue here.. knowing that the govt has to protect his sorry backside, should he keep doing it? Should a man who is supposedly for the country and wanting to save it, let alone make it great again be causing such expense?  

People on here were criticising Obama's expensive trips, they cited articles, and quoted numbers of golf playing events - maybe that was bad too, but when you compare the figures, they show that what Trump is doing far exceed what Obama did.. as was quoted, Trump will have superseded what Obama took 8 years to spend, in 6 months if he keeps going as he has so far... I don't think we should try to sweep that under the carpet.. you may be happy to shell out your and your country's share of that every weekend... but it sure aint gonna do your country much good..

Then there's the fact that not only is Trump costing the country $3 mil plus the Trump tower rental ...but he's PROFITING from it too... were I a suspicious character I might suggest that Trumpet might actually be making these Florida runs to line his own pocket..ditto the Trump tower expense...

Trumpet will be coming to the UK all too soon... I am sure that's gonna cost both his and our govt a heck of a lot of money for protecting him.... let's face it he is DEEPLY unpopular here.. he's gonna need every bit of protection possible. 

PS I bet Bush didn't make the security people pay rent for protecting him
      February 19, 2017 1:46 PM MST

i think he should pay too, didnt know he wasnt
      February 18, 2017 8:42 PM MST