Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Hi friends, how do you keep fit - exercise,jogging,yoga,what?

Hi friends, how do you keep fit - exercise,jogging,yoga,what?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

• Dieting, swimming, and bicycling home.
      February 18, 2017 11:35 PM MST

• Back in the day I competed in triathlon. Now I just walk.
      February 18, 2017 11:38 PM MST

Walking is good but Didge do try some easy yoga postures they are very useful in keeping your body supple.
      February 18, 2017 11:48 PM MST

• I know, Veena, but I have a number of disabilities which would make them impossible. I'm very aware that my walking isn't enough but it's all I can do, so I just do my best.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2017 7:51 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 12:24 AM MST

Oh I understand Didge,body doesn't cooperate so well after a certain age....but walking is very beneficial too!
      February 19, 2017 7:56 PM MST

• "I drive to the park, once or twice a week, and watch the joggers for an hour."
      February 19, 2017 12:14 AM MST

• Best response ever.
      February 19, 2017 12:16 AM MST

• Visual exercising, I love it.
      February 19, 2017 5:27 AM MST

LOL very good exercise for your eyes ALF;))
      February 19, 2017 7:58 PM MST

At my age, I enjoy a nice brisk sit.
      February 19, 2017 12:30 AM MST

I know sitting or any 'action' for that matter....is taken for granted but flexibility reduces with age.
      February 19, 2017 8:04 PM MST

I'm an avid runner, and I belong to CrossFit. Oh, and I put a space after commas and other such similar punctuation marks; it keeps me fit and trim.
    ~
      February 19, 2017 1:02 AM MST

• In the BBC crime series New Tricks a nurse said to one old geezer, "It only takes 17 muscles to smile and more than 34 to frown" and re replied, "I like to keep fit." 
      February 19, 2017 2:23 AM MST

Ok This post was edited by Veena.K at February 19, 2017 10:21 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 8:08 PM MST

• Dear Veena.K,

I was just wondering if we had any old people on here besides me an' Didge, and your Q has brought them out, hurrah and ty! NOW I feel even better about aMug...

Like Didge, I do walking...try to get in an hour daily, not easy in a Pacific raincoast winter. However I also do some yoga stretches...not officially yoga as such...but back in the day I jogged three to five miles, three to five days per week!

I am also working on changing WHAT I eat...don't want to eat less, but now that I am less active I am changing my nutrition. I have learned that I really love to bake with chickpea flour, it makes superb cheesy 'cornbread,' and white beans make really delicious pumpkin muffins - sweetening with bananas - things like that!
      February 19, 2017 1:37 AM MST

• We have quite a few, Virginia. I think some are even older than me and I've been around since God's dog was a puppy.
      February 19, 2017 2:31 AM MST

•   February 19, 2017 3:08 AM MST

• I can identify with that. :) 
      February 19, 2017 6:10 AM MST

WTF is a chickpea?
      February 19, 2017 11:05 AM MST

•   February 19, 2017 1:22 PM MST

• Hi Jewels Vern,

Well  "chickpea" is just a gentler, kinder way of referring to the lowly garbanzo bean...I have also seen the flour made by grinding them referred to as besan flour, or something like that; still kinda new to me, actually.

I found a photo for you, some cookies made by just opening a can of them garbanzos and buzzing them in the blender until you have a paste...now the base for a very interesting, fudgy spectrum of baked goods!

February 19, 2017 1:24 PM MST

If it is your real picture VirginiaL I wanna compliment you, you look so graceful and elegant. Awesome, walking an hour is extremely good. Yoga stretches are quite good, in fact, yoga is nothing but stretching each part of your body, it also takes care of you mentally by enabling you to develop concentration, meditation is good for a calm descends on you...! Umm I practice yoga and it does  wonders to the body. Umm chick peas can even be pressure cooked and stocked in fridge, you could season it with black pepper powder,garlic powder a dash of lemon,even fried  onions and chopped cilantro. Our breakfast contains an omlette  made of 2 eggs, lentils of some kind - chick peas or black eyed  beans and veggies sautéed and lightly spiced ( I keep everything ready the previous night).  umm pardon my lecture;))
      February 19, 2017 8:20 PM MST

• Well I enjoyed your lecture Veena.K!

And the photo is indeed me, but about ten years ago...although I did look like that pretty much up until around a year ago, and then all the wrinkles and stuff of old age set in quickly somehow!

So I stomped around for a while and did some yelling and crying, finally just decided to go with the flow...because after all, I have earned every wrinkle, here!
      February 19, 2017 9:28 PM MST

Thank you VirginiaL,  oh dear you are so adorable.....Answer mug is indeed blessed with your sheer presence!
      February 19, 2017 10:28 PM MST