Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If Paul Ryan gets his way 100% and voucherizes Medicare, Privatizes Social Security and probably eliminates Medicaid who is affected?! When?

If Paul Ryan gets his way 100% and voucherizes Medicare, Privatizes Social Security and probably eliminates Medicaid who is affected?! When?

Does all his gutting/streamlining/eliminating affect only those who are not yet retired? Will current retirees be "grandfathered" so that they will have no changes and only the Newbies to retirement will be affected? Anyone know? Will Ryan be given authority to pull the rug out from under current retirees and have his way with them? What's it gonna be like worst case if Ryan gets all he has dreamed of?

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

Might be a good idea to wait and see what his plan actually is before making any kind of assessment. 
      February 19, 2017 7:40 AM MST

• All I've read about it was that it will only affect the "newbies" as you call them. I honestly don't think they will mess with it much as it's all money we have earned over the years. Messing with Social Security would probably cause a civil war. I think Ryan has a big mouth but will do nothing. There! That's my political speech for the day! LOL
      February 19, 2017 7:51 AM MST