Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per the Dictator-in-Chief. "I'm looking for a friendly reporter". Ever hear anything from a head of state as PATHETIC as that? When?

Per the Dictator-in-Chief. "I'm looking for a friendly reporter". Ever hear anything from a head of state as PATHETIC as that? When?

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

• Exactly can you imagine what Trumpet would have said if that had been Hilary? Or anyone else?   It IS pathetic.. it's also trying to manipulate the truth.. press should be free to report it as it is.. not lie and cover up.
      February 19, 2017 9:19 AM MST

Yes. Well The Donald is on an anti-media rant and is obsessed with  estroying it or moulding it to his heart's desire.  What in the he** do we do with that fer cryin' out loud? Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)
      February 19, 2017 9:41 AM MST

What he is saying is; 'give me an honest reporter' NOT some lying, fact twisting piece of garbage!
      February 19, 2017 10:07 AM MST

• You are *interpreting* that that is what he's saying? Or you know that's what he is saying? Only I just did a search.. lol I am a sucker for facts me... and Trump used the exact words, "friendly reporter" as in he was LOOKING for a friendly reporter at the press conference.. he didn't want to answer any questions he didn't like.. and in fact in the end he told the reporter, who was asking a perfectly valid question, having been invited to ask it. to sit down... Sorry bh on this one he did ask for a friendly reporter as stated in the question. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/us/politics/trump-press-conference-jake-turx.html?_r=0

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-jewish-reporter-lying-sit-down-anti-semitism-question-jake-turx-white-house-press-a7585151.html

In this case the guy was *friendly* and did NOT insult the dipstick prez but the prez seems to have got in a total tiz and got the wrong end of the stick, and INSULTED this poor chap for no reason...  This shows Trump in his true colours, not only is he paranoid, (what the WHOLE media is against him?? untrue!) but he is vile and insulting, he was downright UNPROFESSIONAL at that press conference.. telling people quiet, quiet...and telling this man to sit down.. insulting him.. THis is totally shameful behaviour and it reflects very badly on America
      February 19, 2017 10:55 AM MST

• Trump is only looking for sycophants. It's one thing to want a reporter who isn't immediately going to put a spin on something. At the same time, Trump is someone who takes all criticism as an insult. So no matter how honest or accurate someone's reporting is, if it's critical, it's wrong (in his mind). So that's why I can't take his request for a "friendly reporter" seriously because although he portrays himself as this champion of "calling out media BS" (and there is plenty of media BS, I don't deny it), he is so sensitive to criticism that his message is blurred. If Trump gave an example of what he considered to be genuine criticism of himself or his policies, perhaps then I could take his media war more seriously. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2017 10:14 AM MST
      February 19, 2017 10:13 AM MST

The only lies I hear from the press are the ones Trump and his pals are telling.
      February 19, 2017 11:56 AM MST