Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Have you ever seen a hypnotist perform on stage?

Have you ever seen a hypnotist perform on stage?

What do you remember about the performance? Did you volunteer? WOULD you volunteer if you had the chance?

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

No, not on stage, but I have been hypnotized in person when I went to a quit-smoking seminar.  That was 31 years ago and I haven't had a cigarette since.
      February 19, 2017 1:54 PM MST

COOL
      February 19, 2017 2:47 PM MST

• Clearly worked well for you, Spunky. Congrats. :)

That it did. :)
      February 19, 2017 6:07 PM MST

seen performing onstage with volunteers...
    and when he said sleep
    a number of people in the audience
    were affected and dropped their head immediately and went to sleep.
    When he directed his subject to quake like a duck
    the people in the audience that were affected
    were quaking as well...really really funny.
    ...no I would not volunteer...LOL

• I knew a stage hypnotist and he said something similar had happened to him. He had a way of leaving the audience unaffected but I don't recall what he did. 
      February 19, 2017 2:48 PM MST

These shows are the BEST ones I've ever attended as far a live entertainment is concerned.  I've volunteered at each one I've been to and it's always a blast. I've been to about 3 or 4 over the years and I'd do it again and again and again. Fun and funny, that's how I classify them, so if you have a change, I recommend you not only go, but also volunteer to go on stage, either way, enjoy!

~
      February 19, 2017 3:32 PM MST

• I've been twice. Enjoyed them both thoroughly. Didn't volunteer.
      February 19, 2017 4:25 PM MST

• Yes, at a comedy club.  It seemed like contrived rubbish.
      February 19, 2017 3:58 PM MST

• Interesting opinion. They don't appeal to everybody.
      February 19, 2017 4:26 PM MST

We had one at a work event.  Since all the volunteers were co-workers, it was probably more entertaining than if it was a group of strangers. One part I remember is that they were told they were driving and just got cut off in traffic. I was taken aback to see my lady-like boss raise her middle finger. I enjoyed watching it, but I am much too self-conscious to ever want to go up on stage.
      February 19, 2017 4:47 PM MST

• That finger would have been fun to see. You might enjoy this Australian TV commercial for chicken:

February 19, 2017 6:19 PM MST

• Australian commercials seem very creative (as well as funny and short!) - I still go back once in a while and watch the Rolo elephant...it must be the best ever...
      February 19, 2017 7:37 PM MST

• It was very well done. Definitely one of my favourites.
      February 19, 2017 7:45 PM MST

maybe on tv, but not in person
      February 19, 2017 4:50 PM MST

• The good ones are very entertaining, Pearl.
      February 19, 2017 6:20 PM MST

• Dear Dozy,

Yes, one time...I was in high school so it was about 1960 and several students got hypnotized, but not me.

What I remember is that the hypnotist told his subjects that they were very warm; well one of the girls began flapping her sweater and she almost took it off! (Which you are not supposed to be able to do, anything that would embarrass you ordinarily.)

But this poor fellow had to rush over and wake his subject up, because she was flapping and flapping and really looked like she was about to expose herself!
      February 19, 2017 7:35 PM MST

• When I did my hypnotherapy course one of the tutors said, "You can not do anything under hypnosis that you would not do in normal life."
    I interrupted with, "I can imagine a scenario that allows you to condition a subject over multiple sessions to do almost anything." 
    He said nothing for a while then said, "Will you accept that this is what we tell our clients?"
    And THAT's a different kettle of fish altogether.

February 19, 2017 7:48 PM MST

• Ah Dozy, you are something of a disrupter, I can tell!
      February 19, 2017 7:57 PM MST

• I really couldn't let it pass. It was rubbish -- and he was NOT a rubbish lecturer.
      February 19, 2017 7:59 PM MST