Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Do you ever draw your nightmares?

Do you ever draw your nightmares?

Or your strange dreams? 

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

I've never drawn them (nightmares) on paper, I have critiqued some, I remembered, in my mind.
      February 19, 2017 4:18 PM MST

Well, that is a great idea.  
      February 19, 2017 4:18 PM MST

never drew them
    but used to note them all
    till I ran out of paper haha
      February 19, 2017 4:23 PM MST

• No, but on Blurtit we had a man who married his. He used to post her photograph occasionally. If he sees this he'll probably post it here. She was a nightmare indeed. :(
      February 19, 2017 4:23 PM MST

• Been here two days now, have not seen AH!
      February 19, 2017 6:43 PM MST

• But I'll bet you've seen Not Flo. Here's his photograph: 

February 19, 2017 6:46 PM MST

• Oh, 29 likes for this photo...the secret is out!
      February 19, 2017 7:17 PM MST

no, i cant even remember what they are
      February 19, 2017 4:46 PM MST

• I've never drawn them but I did write one down one day in the link below. I may or may not have watched Starwars that night...

http://dewchronicles.blogspot.com/2016/04/fallen.html?m=1 This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2017 3:13 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 4:48 PM MST

• I can only visualize, my drawing skills are extremely limited.  It's not really my medium.
      February 19, 2017 5:00 PM MST

• Dear Marguerite, the Beloved...

Yes, I did draw a nightmare, one time...I was studying Carl Jung, and taking all this very seriously...the part about acknowledge all the stuff that is repressed into your subconscious, and you love and accept all these shadow parts of yourself, and then (in Jung theory), all that repressed energy becomes available for you to live your life!

So one night I had a dream, and it was about an angry man. Got all excited, this GREAT opportunity to do the Jung stuff...called a Jungian counselor local to Bellingham in Washington State. Counselor says, "No you don't really need to come in for counseling, just try drawing your angry man!"

I said, But I can't draw worth anything. Counselor says, That makes it even better, your Angry Man is More Natural.

So I got busy, and it was great! For a long time I would pull the drawing out, just saying YES that is part of me and I am going to be okay, here...well I still do get angry, but I am typically more aware of it now and what to do about it more wholesome.

So there you go, that is my story!
      February 19, 2017 7:26 PM MST

• Great story.
      February 19, 2017 7:53 PM MST