Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever, as either child or adult, won an award or trophy you were particularly proud of?

Have you ever, as either child or adult, won an award or trophy you were particularly proud of?

What was it?  Have you ever won something unexpected that would normally have been out of your field?

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

A little metal bobblehead bumblebee trophy for winning the 4th grade spelling bee. The winning word was "insidious". Only trophy I ever got while in school—I wasn't much of a sportsball person.
      February 19, 2017 8:42 PM MST

• I never won anyu at school, either ... but, like you, I could spell pretty good.
      February 19, 2017 10:10 PM MST

yes, yrs ago when i used to work in resorts i worked in the dining rm and one night they were having a family reunion there, and some little girl just walked out the door, i think she was about 3, anyways, noone followed her so i decided to follow her, there were stairs outside and cars outside too, so anyways i got the girl to go back in and later my manager gave me a card from my coworkers and an angel statue, i still have it in one of my boxes somewheres, used to do stuff like that all the time, ive gone after babies too that walked out the door, wish i could get a babysitting job, im so good at it
      February 19, 2017 9:21 PM MST

• That's lovely, Pearl. If I owned that angel statue I think I'd have it proudly on display. That was a nice thing you did.
      February 20, 2017 12:28 AM MST

I used to love to dance in contests.....couple dances.  We won lots of awards and prizes.  It was so much fun.......I loved  and still love to dance.  
      February 19, 2017 10:27 PM MST

When I was in ROTC I got a medal for being one of the most outstanding cadets. I was surprised because I was incredibly weak and slow compared to everyone else. I was mostly just the brainiac, I was only really good when it came to the academics. I was atleast persistent and never gave up and always looked snappy in uniform, so they liked that about me.
      February 20, 2017 12:13 AM MST

• It's great to be acknowledged when you think you're lagging behind. Sounds as though you were selling yourself a bit short. :)
      February 20, 2017 12:29 AM MST