Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Of all the tools, utensils, gizmos, and machinery you have at home or work, which is the most interesting?

Of all the tools, utensils, gizmos, and machinery you have at home or work, which is the most interesting?

Is there something else you'd like to have?

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

• I never learned to bake, Virginia. I enjoy cakes and  biscuits so much that I think I'd quickly end up jumbo-sized.
      February 20, 2017 3:25 AM MST

• The ones that work. This place is like a graveyard of dead and dying contraptions, some of which I didn't know how to operate in the first place.
      February 20, 2017 4:11 AM MST

• Ha!
      February 20, 2017 11:39 AM MST

• ))
      February 20, 2017 11:22 PM MST

• I'm lucky. I married a woman who can work out anything. She's better than me mechanically but I get my self-esteem back when I have to help her with a computer. Between us we kind of get there. :)
      February 20, 2017 11:56 AM MST

• Ironically I'm the one in the house who knows more about getting things to work. I once walked in on three persons, male persons I feel compelled to say but I can't justify it other in terms of social expectations and my own vanity, who had spent 20 odd minutes figuring out how to get a new VCR to work. It took me 6.
    It's the same with most things. If something works I want to know how. The device detritus must have been faulty in tne first place, no? )
      February 20, 2017 11:21 PM MST

• It's great to be practical, Lucia. 
      February 20, 2017 11:24 PM MST

Right now I am loving my recently acquired remote control electrical outlets.

February 20, 2017 4:59 AM MST

• I haven't tried those Jane. You're way ahead of me. :)
      February 20, 2017 11:52 AM MST

• A tuner, 13.95, with tax.
    I've used many tuners, but this one, I clip to the head of the guitar, and it's right there. I don't have to hold it, plug it, or be in a quiet place as it works off of the guitars vibration.
    Best buy ever.
      February 20, 2017 11:51 AM MST

• Those things are amazing. When I was a kid and learned to play a banjo (fortunately for everybody, long forgotten) I had all the trouble in the world tuning by ear. 
      February 20, 2017 11:53 AM MST