Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » See this image...does it 'move' you?

See this image...does it 'move' you?

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

Lol, I love it!

~
      February 19, 2017 11:19 PM MST

• Don't forget to add the bacon!
      February 19, 2017 11:31 PM MST

Sighh poor thing;))
      February 19, 2017 11:34 PM MST

• Aww...

February 19, 2017 11:35 PM MST

Sad right;((
      February 20, 2017 7:49 PM MST

• Dear Veena.K,

Well yes, it kinda does...really...

When I was a baby, and that was 1945 now...my first solid food...well the mashed-up peas and carrots etc. went down fine, but the scrambled eggs I would just roll back out of my mouth (so the parents told me).

Then into toddlerhood, I would ask, "Where does this (bacon, venison, fried chicken, etc.), come from?" ... never to eat it again. That held for about sixty years, whereupon I began to realize I am one of those people who cannot tolerate vegetarianism, I need meat for my health...so still don't like it, but I do eat eggs and meat now...almost daily, always reluctantly.

My stand now is that I try to eat animal flesh from animals who have had a good life, and were killed with consideration and respect for what they give us.
      February 19, 2017 11:48 PM MST

• Back in the 1980s (I think) one of the competitors in the first (bicycle) Race Across America said he was there to prove that a vegetarian could compete in such a gruelling event. He made it three quarters of the way across then wheeled into a McDonalds and gorged on burgers.
      February 20, 2017 3:22 AM MST

• Dozy, one of my good friends just shakes her head at me...she is vegan, and many years ago, switching meat out of her diet retrieved her health for her...

But I think we humankind may have different needs! In the 1980's there was a basketball player professional in Oregon, name of Moses Malone, and he tried to go vegetarian...but could not sustain the grueling physical sport without meat.

I stayed with my vegan friend last month in Iowa, and her home was a wonderful vacation from eating meat...but when I returned home, I noticed I was craving meat for a couple of days.
    (And THAT is an interesting situation... craving something even while you don't really like it...) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2017 12:05 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 5:18 AM MST

• Vegans are a group apart. We went vegetarian for a while but Vegan is a step too far, I think.
      February 20, 2017 12:06 PM MST

For me it's religious: the bible says "Rise, kill and eat!" It's not talking about a leaf.
      February 20, 2017 2:03 PM MST

• Hi Jewels Vern!

Well I must confess...I was atheist for thirty years, beginning age 13
    And even though I am now just totally in love with God, I prolly never got the atheism completely out of my system...with apologies...
      February 20, 2017 2:40 PM MST

I have 3 cousins, raised in the same home.
    1 is vegan, 1 is vegetarian, and 1 is a meat lover.
    Their parents have 3 holidays.  EG; 1 Thanksgiving dinner with each.

I'd say "to hell with that" ... they want to eat something different from what I'm serving, they can cook and bring their own dish.  LOL

Then I have to laugh at "vegetarians" who won't eat meat ... unless it's fish.  I think they actually have an official name for that, now.
    But to say "I don't eat meat, because I don't want animals to suffer", then eat fish ... I guess they don't think fish suffer.  :rolleyes:

February 20, 2017 2:49 PM MST

• Hi Walt...well I had my own unique way of being in the world as a child, not eating meat...because I actually felt very guilty for being like that, it was just impossible for me, I would get nauseous at the thought - very shy, privately sobbing, guilty about the whole matter...I grew up in timber country where people fished, hunted, dug clams, harvested oysters...the boats went out from Westport daily for crabbing; great delicacy to everyone but me!

...I have still never eaten a razor clam in my life, nor a butter clam either...so i was an anomaly. Age twenty, I finally was able to take a bit of the tenderest crab leg, and my father took the most wonderful part of the oyster muscle...tasted lovely like fresh sea air, but I could never eat any more than that.
    No one ever teased me, but i felt terrible anyway.

Then maybe age 62, I knew I needed that nutrition, and just very gentle with myself slowly backed into eating the meat bit by bit...now I am really quite good at it!
    Okay, more than you ever wanted to know...ty for listening!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2017 8:09 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 8:01 PM MST

I am always fascinated by your life experiences VirginiaL....I can fully understand what went on in your mind!
      February 20, 2017 7:52 PM MST

• Ah, Veena.K...ty...we humankind are all a bit strange maybe in our own way, and well I have learned to take my own strangeness in stride...enjoying it even...
      February 20, 2017 8:03 PM MST

That's dum. D-U-M. Dum.
      February 19, 2017 11:56 PM MST

he gave his life for you little baby
    eat up. Sorta like the potato animation ad 
    where the potato is
    eating potato chips. LOL
      February 20, 2017 10:23 AM MST

Yes,like the potato animation ad.....you are right Baba;))
      February 20, 2017 7:53 PM MST