Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Have you ever come close to drowning?

Have you ever come close to drowning?

"Going down for the third time" and "your life passing before your eyes" are nonsense -- at least in my experience. How did you get into trouble? How did you get out? 

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

• "I don't think so."  I've never been much of a swimmer, so I don't tempt fate.
      February 20, 2017 4:46 AM MST

• Wise! 
      February 20, 2017 12:01 PM MST

• Yep! I slipped off the dock on the Sacramento river when I was real young and almost drowned. The only thing that saved me was the Captain's hat I had on tightly and it held air and my Uncle dove in and grabbed me. Learned to swim right after that. Funny how after all of these years, I still remember it vividly. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2017 2:28 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 6:41 AM MST

• Some things stick, Rooster. That'd be one of them.
      February 20, 2017 12:02 PM MST

Yes I did when I was young.
    I was pushed into the water and panic set in.  That was a big mistake for the person trying to help. I almost drowned both of us.  To this day, I don't go near the water.
      February 20, 2017 6:52 AM MST

I was about 11 or 12 hadn't learned to swim yet wading in a gravel pit when I stepped into a hole finding myself struggling to get my head above water. Was not able to. I had not inhaled any water yet; still fully conscious. I experienced this vision of myself floating through a long room seeing myself in detail from the present to infancy. At the end of the room there was no wall,  was like a portal to 'the unknown' from where I could not return.  "I'm not ready (for that) yet!" At that point I calmed down and let myself sink to the bottom of the hole which was not really that deep and simply tip toed out.
      February 20, 2017 7:10 AM MST

• Glad you made it, Kittigate. Interesting way to cope with a dangerous situation.
      February 20, 2017 12:03 PM MST