Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Jeffrey Morris Brasher, 50 and Austin Blaine Brasher, 22 killed each other in a head-on collision. Father and son. Odds of that are what?

Jeffrey Morris Brasher, 50 and Austin Blaine Brasher, 22 killed each other in a head-on collision. Father and son. Odds of that are what?

It occurred in Alabama .They were not wearing seat belts and alcohol might have been involved. Don't drink and drive. Do you follow that golden rule?

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

What a horrible story.! Unspeakable grief for the families. I don't worry so much about this rule, because I don't drink. I think there are other rules (laws) just as important to obey. Texting behind the wheel, as well as using any electronic device is highly dangerous. :)
      February 21, 2017 11:20 PM MST

I agree with you totally Autumn. When you are behind the wheel and the car is moving you should do nothing else but drive the car...pay attention...be alert. Don't get into an agument with someone in the car. Don't eat a hamburger. Don't put lipstick on or change the station or text or polish your nails or shave or read the paper or brush your teeth. It's common sense but uncommon apparently among far too many. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you! :)
      February 22, 2017 2:29 AM MST

Terrible tragedy, and so avoidable.

The Drinking and Driving law in the UK is quite strict, though not as draconian as in some countries like Norway and Sweden, where the alcohol/blood limit is almost 0%. I think in the UK it's 35microgrammes/litre alcohol in the blood.

Using a portable phone, especially if hand-held, is also illegal, and my County Police have already caught a number of motorists doing so, in a campaign running this week.

Though some of those other activities you list are not specifically illegal in Britain, drivers caught doing one or another of them have been charged with an offence such as 'not in proper control'.

One Police Force once released some of the stupid things they have seen, for which they have pulled drivers over. One was a salesman who claimed he'd "developed the skill of steering with his knees" so he could do his paperwork on his lap. The Police were not impressed. Nor were the magistrates.

Recently, a lorry driver was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving after ramming a car from behind, killing two occupants. He'd been watching a film or TV while driving fast on the motorway!
      March 3, 2017 3:22 PM MST