Active Now

Thebigd
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump said, "to the victor, GO the spoils".. Mad Dog Mattis said we're NOT gonna take Iraqs oil. Who do you believe??

Trump said, "to the victor, GO the spoils".. Mad Dog Mattis said we're NOT gonna take Iraqs oil. Who do you believe??

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

Hello excon.  That's a loaded question.  I believe Trump when he says what he says.  Even when he claims he never said it.  That doesn't mean he will be able to achieve what he states. I believe Mattis when he says we're not.  He knows that we can't just go in and take it without opposition from the Iraqi's and the rest of the world.  So, he is saying what has to be said.  Do I believe he will keep his word?  I dunno.  I guess it depends upon whether he is his own man or Trump's lackey.

Who do you believe?  Do you believe we will just take it because our fearless leader says it's okay to do?  Do you think Mattis is just flapping his lips and has every intention of not honoring his word to the Iraqi's?
      February 20, 2017 10:04 AM MST

I believe a devil in lack of details. No, we are not going to just take Iraq's oil anymore than we just take anyone else's but we will get more than a fair price because to the winner go the spoils. This post was edited by O-uknow at February 20, 2017 10:14 AM MST
      February 20, 2017 10:13 AM MST

• I believe whole heartedly that to the victor goes the spoils.  I just don't believe in going to war FOR the spoils or against anyone who isn't a clear threat or enemy.

If it's a legitimate war with a legit enemy then yes, to the victor go the spoils.
      February 20, 2017 10:41 AM MST