Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Element 99
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Tell me, Why is Sweden now a rape capital?

Tell me, Why is Sweden now a rape capital?

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

• Damn it the video wasn't Carlin's full bit.  Should have made sure before posting.   As it was came off pretty screwed up.

Sorry people This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 7:51 AM MST
      February 20, 2017 11:00 AM MST

Is it to do with the terrorists?
      February 20, 2017 11:02 AM MST

• That's actually funny!! 
    Was not expecting this one!
      February 20, 2017 11:16 AM MST

It isn't, but a former member made that claim some time last year using doubtful alt-right news source. It's been debunked. You want a link for the video that shows how they register charges in Sweden which explains their higher numbers in the statistics. 
      February 20, 2017 11:05 AM MST

• I think you should post that. Please, please do so we can stop having to hear this crap.
      February 20, 2017 11:19 AM MST

That's always the risk when people only take a minor part of a full context, and former more not present any source to their question. Makes one wonder what the purpose of such questions are in the first place. I've added the link further down. 
      February 20, 2017 11:24 AM MST

• The purpose is to make others accept their half baked research... read the Donald ... or fox news... some people will just accept anything they read... critical thinking ability is actually a hindrance
      February 20, 2017 11:31 AM MST

Let me quote a well-known politician: sad, so sad!
      February 20, 2017 2:53 PM MST

• Lol... well known I'll accept... politician? .... not too sure  :)
      February 20, 2017 3:23 PM MST

As crooked as any of them, as much in the pocket as any of them, as lying as anyone of them. Sounds much like one. ;-)
      February 20, 2017 3:26 PM MST

• True... my point is a politician will at least go to the trouble of making you believe he is doing you good while he's going through your wallet  ... i don't get that the current incumbent
      February 20, 2017 3:31 PM MST

True. I find it hard to judge if he really believes his crap himself, or not. Either way is bad. Gah.
      February 20, 2017 3:36 PM MST

• Maybe it doesn't matter what he believes... i think the real danger is on persuading  others to follow his beliefs
      February 20, 2017 3:40 PM MST

Very true. He could believe what he would if he'd be ignored for what he is. The masses is a problem, and they seem blind to anything but alternative facts.
      February 20, 2017 3:43 PM MST

• I suspect it's way untrue... we'd need to take factors such as that in some countries rape is common, even in marriage but women dare not report it cos it brings shame or even death to the victim.  I am thinking Muslim countries here especially where rape is seen as sex out of wedlock and it's a crime. Sweden, like many western societies enjoys freedom, and so women can report rape and are generally believed, this will make the figures of reported rape appear higher.. But with stats we sometimes cannot just pay attention to the number.. we have to understand the dynamics.
      February 20, 2017 11:18 AM MST

Sweden rape capital of Europe debunked: http://answermug.com/videos/783/792/sweden-the-rape-capital-of-europe-debunked-and-explained

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 8:49 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 11:22 AM MST

• It's not, the far right is just saying it is to make refugees look bad
      February 21, 2017 2:11 AM MST

Google Rapugees Sweden or Germany

Interestingly Sweden has stopped recording nationality/immigration status of rapists. And even passed a law 2014 forbidding criticism of immigration and immigrants. 

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape
      February 21, 2017 5:34 AM MST

I see you're reusing some of the sources that the Alt-Right movement were making use of last year when making a big story about this that later on has been debunked. No wonder you've changed attitude towards Trump from before the election to now, after the election. The latter will be your choice, and none I shall criticize. However, the former is something I would suggest you spend a bit more time studying, and also by using other sources, such as some of the Swedish ones. I know back then when we had this question asked in a very provocative way by a former member, I was handing over a lot of sources back then. I haven't saved them, but I suggest you go look for that old question, and you will find it. A short introduction will be the video clip that I have uploaded in the video section and also shared above in comments. In case you're not sure which one I have in mind, I've also included it in my comment for you here.

As for your source. Alone the use of your search word "Rapugees" should tell you where you're heading, no? You would be aware of your source being Islamophobic, not presenting unbiased material, and even being very doubtful when it comes around the subject of Muslims, and use of sources/statistics if you had looked up your source by a simple Google search. Just saying. Here a few input on your source (my source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gatestone-institute/):

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are highly biased toward conservative causes. They utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all right bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: The Gatestone Institute, formerly Stonegate Institute, is a “not-for-profit international policy council and think tank based in New York City” with a specialization in strategy and defense issues (Wikipedia). Gatestone Institute is anti-Islamic, pro-Christian and Jewish/Israel. Many of the articles will link back to sites that don’t say what they claim or make the same rash judgments, without proof. Example: Obama tells Christians to not protest in Egypt then has no quotes or sources saying he said that (M. Allen).

Source: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 12:51 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 6:09 AM MST

I like real numbers. The link I posted shows real numbers. I particularly noticed the population in 1970s has remained stagnant for Sweden. The population growth is only from immigration 18%. The fact is that rape has increased from under 500 annually to over 6500.... Something is happening. It cannot be just a stat game. 
    Now if you can show numbers that dispute this...Not an excuse that Swedish women are simply more likely to report it. Why have they quit recording if a rapist is foreign? 
    Why are neighboring countries not seeing similar increases?
      February 21, 2017 6:49 AM MST

What are real numbers worth if you don't take into your way dealing with the statistical differences in the ways they are counted, and furthermore take other factors/influences into count, such as daring stepping forward and admit being raped and pressing charges, and not risk being shamed by family/friends/authorities?

As for neighboring countries, they do collect their statistics in different ways.All this being part of what you'd be studying yourself if you had used more reliable/unbiased sources. As for what it cannot be, I suggest you look up the methods used for statistical causes in Sweden prior and current. You'd be surprised how much statistics can be influenced. Would be worth having in mind when looking at other statistics used by biased sources. Just saying.

Try justifying your use of source, it won't help. If you really want to understand you should not go by headings but look deeper into this, and one more time, let me suggest to take Swedish sources into count too. After all they are the ones that will know best, and who can explain in better ways how they exactly do count their numbers. All I know is, a number is not just a number. They aren't comparative in all cases.

Btw, nice way to avoid commenting on your search word Rapugees, and the bias of your source. You will have your reasons. I understand. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 12:51 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 7:03 AM MST

Numbers are numbers. Unless the 6500+  rapes are not rapes...It is an alarming number. It a unwanted kiss being counted as a rape? If so then the Swedish gov is stupid. Rape is rape not an unwanted kiss or other sexual contact.

Rapugees are what the people who live in Germany are referring to the refugees as. I don't know if it has been used in protests in Sweden ...But I seen protest pictures in Germany.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 21, 2017 7:30 AM MST
      February 21, 2017 7:09 AM MST

Here is another thing. When looking at a chart/table presenting "results" with a sexy heading, it's always a great idea looking up the sources used fabricating the chart/table. Total 'Sexual violence” means rape and sexual assault. And that's where it gets interesting when looking up how they count in Sweden. Be alert! Each single incident will be counted as one independent filing (and count for statistical purposes). Mean, should your husband (as an example; they do also count domestic assaults into their numbers) rape you (have sex with you non-consensual), at the same time hit you three times, and also humiliate you degrading you it would be 5 assaults judicial as statistical. How many counts will that be in the US, if at all charged and reported? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 12:51 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 7:21 AM MST

I believe that would be counted as 1 count rape, and 1 country spousal abuse. 

If Sweden gov is counting this way they are stupid. 
    I still would like to know why they quit recording the rapists immigration status. And have not looked at that since 2006. And why the law against criticism of immigration policy/immigrants. Is this because the people who live there know who is doing the raping? 
      February 21, 2017 7:31 AM MST