Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Tell me, Why is Sweden now a rape capital?

Tell me, Why is Sweden now a rape capital?

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

How can you say they are stupid? I find that a very arrogant attitude. Do you know why they have chosen to do it this way? What they believe they can use these numbers for? It will likely be counted as a personal attack should I repeat your word about such closed minded way of thinking as presented. So I won't go there.

As for your insinuating an Islamic conspiracy,  it's quite obvious why they don't record the sexual assault based on color, religion, and/or political observation. It's racism according to Swedish law. There are still some countries around the world where their governments do believe in the juridical system, and do respect the laws. This is the way Sweden has chosen to integrate and not discriminate against the people that live in the country. Isn't it remarkable how Assange still hasn't been showing up in court for his rape allegations? 

Still no reply on your Google search word, Rapugees and your doubtful source. Tsk tsk. I do understand why. Meanwhile it's all of Sweden and their government that are plain stupid. I get the picture. Sorry, I see you did answer on the Rapugees. I have to say it was a protest sign used in Germany. You are right. It was used by the right wing extremists there. No normal German would use such sign nor word.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 12:49 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 7:48 AM MST

Yes it is stupid to record your crime stats so vastly different from the rest of the world....As they know we a global world. And know stats such as crime facts are compared from country to country. It is stupid to inflate your crime stats....It gets you names like the Rape Capital of Europe/Western World.  Perhaps they have actually decided their open border policy is not so helpful and instead of admitting it...They decided to inflate their stats so as to make people not want to move there....(of course that is all overstatement on my part) but they have made some efforts to monitor their border recently.
    Interestingly how everything that disagrees is quickly labelled as  alt-right or extreme right. No "normal" person would say that....
      February 21, 2017 8:30 AM MST

Says the one who wants nationalism. Stop insulting a whole nation just because you cannot follow their reasoning, It doesn't suit you, or this site. It only gets the names because there are some people who want to manipulate others to believe their agenda. It is our own responsibility to be critical towards sources, just like I told you inside my previous comment for you. You'd know what their agenda is, had you used just the same amount of time looking them up as you used to find the source itself. One Google click away, even without using a colored word, which again will lead you to such doubtful sources as the one you found. Don't blame your inability to look up a source and its credibility or use of statistics on the Swedish nation, or their government. Btw, they do not have an open boarder. Just for the records. Get hold on your facts before throwing around with stuff that isn't a reality. We have enough of those kind of misinformation already by your guy.

As for your constant tries to pull this another direction I had it for today inside this thread. It should be obvious to most people what is up and what is down should they chose read through this thread. Have a nice day. Hope you will deal more cautious with alternative facts in the future. One last remark about the Alt-Right, this will be at your accountability. I only told you the Alt-Right movement made use of the same sources last year. As for the no normal German, yes that is a fact. When did you last travel around in Germany and talk with people there? I do on a regularly. Have a nice day. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 12:48 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 8:42 AM MST

Go girl. Go at them.
      February 21, 2017 9:53 PM MST

To the best of my knowledge, m2c, Sweden is still a sovereign nation.  That means they get to decide how they record/report crimes in their country and they do not have to answer to you.  You may think their way of doing things is stupid, but unless/until you become a Swedish citizen, you do not have a say in the matter.  
      February 21, 2017 8:29 AM MST

True. But the fact is to inflate your crime stats, by vastly recording differently form the rest of the world, You get the name Rape Capital of Europe
      February 21, 2017 8:33 AM MST

Nope. Not true. I just explained to you in my reply for you. No reason to repeat it one more time. Maybe it is just about time admitting you did not really know facts when making your original comment for the question. Would be fair enough.
      February 21, 2017 8:50 AM MST

So they aren't called the Rape Capital of Europe? 
      February 22, 2017 4:47 AM MST

What did I tell you in the comment before, where can you find the full explanation (hint: same thread a bit further up)?

I see you want to force your way through with this. You chose an ultra right wing media as your source. You buy in on their agenda. It's your choice, however it is your obligation to not interpret or ridicule a sovereign state simply because you haven't done your home work checking up on stuff you try to sell as the premise here. 

Go ahead, hand in hand with the Islamophobic agenda, make use of populist and bigoted expressions as Rapugees and Sweden as rape capital of Europe.Show true colors. For my part I'm done here. I rarely read people wrong, but apparently I did not do my job very well in this case. We have nothing further to debate. Bye. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 22, 2017 12:30 PM MST
      February 22, 2017 6:20 AM MST

Our crime stats are not recorded per some global standard, m2c, they vary from state to state.  The FBI and BJS do not record stats the same way, and they sometimes change how they record them so that comparing two time periods cannot be considered an accurate comparison.  Since we don't conform to the "global world" standards on this (and many other things), it is rather hypocritical to demand it of other sovereign nations.  

As to how anything to do with immigrants is reported, I suggest you find several sources.  I live not far from Dearborn, Michigan...you may have heard it referred to as "Dearbornistan"...and I have heard all kinds of stories about what goes on there.  Problem is, it is mostly BS.   
      February 21, 2017 8:51 AM MST

True but they are not so vastly different as the stats go from 500 to 6500+......
      February 21, 2017 8:56 AM MST

February 21, 2017 9:30 AM MST

No correlation between influx of immigrants and increase in rape. Tis perhaps social malaise? This post was edited by O-uknow at February 21, 2017 10:18 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 9:57 PM MST

Sounds like the change in reporting accounts for at least some of the increase.  
      February 21, 2017 10:18 PM MST

Aye, indeed. A great deal of it.
      February 21, 2017 10:35 PM MST

• It's neither O-uknow.. it's a difference in reporting and that there is is NOT considered shameful to the victim to have been raped.  The system there, as I believe is more geared towards encouraging reporting of sexual assults.. here and in the US the system is much less supportive of rape victims.. There was a story in the Times just today that even child abuse victims are still not being treated well by the system.. they are often not believed, or they feel they arent, and they feel they are treated like they have to PROVE they were raped..  Sweden has much more enlightened rules regarding what is classed as sexual assault too I believe.
      February 22, 2017 12:48 PM MST

Thank you for actually giving some evidence. Yes changes in how they report would explain a one time jump in stat but not a continuous increase in the stats. I would add that as your chart shows from 2003 -2011 there was an increase of approx 15000 refugees. And the rape cases were still increasing. 
    What I would like to see is why did Sweden refugee total decrease so drastically from 200k in 1990 to the low point in 2003 of 72k....
    I cannot seem to find anything addressing the reseason. But did find where Sweden plans to start deporting refugees to the tune of 80,000 by denying them asylum status. This will also drastically reduce the number of refugees by approx 1/2.  Why would they do that?
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 22, 2017 8:06 AM MST
      February 22, 2017 7:59 AM MST

You know very little about the system. They aren't allowed "inside" by just showing up. Each case will be proofed and if approved they will be let "inside" the country. If not approved they will be rejected staying (this will be what you call deportation). Like suggested before, get facts straight before spreading more confusion about a system you seem not to comprehend. You cannot... cannot make a simple correlation between numbers of refugees and numbers of rapes. Like said, Assange wasn't a refugee but is charged for rape in two cases but refuses to leave his asylum to face his charges. Rape, and cases of rape are way more complex than the picture you try to paint. Smh.

Btw, the chart shown by Bozette would come up in a Google search and looking up results of images. Just saying. Then again, wordings had to be changed from the right wing terminology Rapugees.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 22, 2017 12:49 PM MST
      February 22, 2017 8:53 AM MST

There are multiple reasons, some originate within Sweden and others from outside the country.  Sweden has enacted temporary restrictions to give an overwhelmed system a break.  Education and employment, welfare, an agreement with Turkey and the actions of other countries have all played a part.  Here are several articles regarding Sweden and immigration.  Knock yourself out.

http://www.economist.com/news/finance-economics/21709511-too-few-refugees-not-too-many-are-working-europe-refugees-sweden-are

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/About-the-Migration-Agency/New-laws-in-2016.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thelocal.se/20161226/number-of-asylum-seekers-to-sweden-dropped-sharply-in-2016/amp?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/feb/20/what-statistics-say-about-immigration-and-sweden/
      February 22, 2017 10:29 AM MST

Keep hitting them. Remember to block ;)
      February 21, 2017 10:02 PM MST