Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Like it or not, Gordon Ramsay is the champ of cooking. He knows more about it than you do. And if you were ever to step in his kitchen...

Like it or not, Gordon Ramsay is the champ of cooking. He knows more about it than you do. And if you were ever to step in his kitchen...

He would completely school you. And he'd school you bigly...

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

Everyone knows more about cooking than I do. This post was edited by Baba at February 21, 2017 7:47 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 3:18 PM MST

• Sorry, not even playing devil's advocate here but he is far from the champ. He is nothing more than a loud-mouthed arrogant moron with NO People skills. Factually, there are chefs in the UK who are far more deserving of the title champ... Jamie Oliver for a start, not a fan myself but he's very influential. Raymond Blanc, Heston Blumenthal, Rick Stein, Nigella Lawson, James Martin... lol I personally used to love the Galloping Gourmet.. 

Gordon Ramsay makes good TV for those inclined to enjoy watching the lowest common denominator making an idiot of himself, but that's all he is... a show, people, or should I say SOME people enjoy watching him because he is sensationalist, he's extreme... and some find that entertaining. But it wouldn't be true to say he either the best, nor is he the most popular.

Personally my feeling is that anyone who puts up with his s***e is stupid too... more fool them... I'd smack him in the mouth if he spoke to me that way.. and I'd sue for constructive dismissal just to p*ss him off. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2017 9:42 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 3:33 PM MST

Let's let the statistics speak for themselves, shall we? You don't have to take my word for it, you can take Michelin's. Let's see how the people you mentioned stack up against Gordon, the real champ. 

Jamie Oliver: 0 Michelin Stars
    Raymond Blanc: 2 Michelin Stars
    Heston Blumenthal: 6 Michelin Stars
    Rick Stein: 0 Michelin Stars
    Nigella Lawson: 0 Michelin Stars
    James Martin: 0 Michelin Stars
    Gordon Ramsay: 16 Michelin stars

Yes, 16 stars for Gordon. That's twice as much as all of your mentions put together. They also haven't done Hell's Kitchen or Kitchen nightmares. Ramsay has done both of them in the UK and the US. Jamie Oliver can stick to making school dinners for kids. That's about all he's good for. 

February 21, 2017 7:55 PM MST

• Gordon Ramsay can be very...umm...well...gruff, yeah that's the word, gruff. I do enjoy watching him, especially on Master Chef Junior....he's surprisingly very good with the children on that show!
      February 20, 2017 5:12 PM MST

• I cannot take seriously anyone who uses the phrase "school you bigly."  That aside all he is is a cook.  Cooking shows are much in the same category as golf and auto racing, insipid.  Theses "chefs" and their fatuous, pretentious attitudes as if they were brain surgeons or such.  Rubbish. 
      February 20, 2017 7:18 PM MST

• I can't stand the man, he's nothing but a bully and several of his restaurants have had to close. He's messed around on his wife and sued his father in law.  What a prize he is!
      February 20, 2017 9:44 PM MST