Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Travel » You have just won a free vacation to any country in the world...

You have just won a free vacation to any country in the world...

Would you go somewhere like your own country? Somewhere completely different? Somewhere they speak a different language?

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

• :)
      February 20, 2017 8:38 PM MST

It's killing me not being able to respond to this.LOL This post was edited by Zack at February 21, 2017 10:21 AM MST
      February 20, 2017 8:35 PM MST

• Have you ever tried have privacy in an airplane washroom? They're small ... You gonna get a cramp -_- I actually haven't:)  but I've been on lots of planes ... Think would cos leg cramp :p
      February 20, 2017 8:36 PM MST

• Lol :) well I'm small and limber too! I'm just afraid my tiara will fall in the toilet ... I'm a princess you know .... Subways on the other hand .... :p 
      February 20, 2017 8:44 PM MST

OH COME ON!!I need to inject my wisdom into this.
      February 20, 2017 8:39 PM MST

• Me? Wisdom? :p this is the most fun I've seen you have online so far :) so there's my wisdom :) like see you smile , Zack :)
      February 20, 2017 8:45 PM MST

You are good at many things Jaimie. You and WingedWonder. This post was edited by Zack at February 21, 2017 10:21 AM MST
      February 20, 2017 8:47 PM MST

• I'm good at ranting all my melt downs at you :) that's about it :) but thank you :)
      February 20, 2017 8:53 PM MST

Maybe my thing is listening well and it's never going to cost you a thing. BTW, you're welcome.:-)
      February 20, 2017 8:54 PM MST

• You're  the best :) 
      February 20, 2017 9:23 PM MST

• I don't think you'd regret going, Jaimie.
      February 20, 2017 8:33 PM MST

• I know you're right, didge :)
      February 20, 2017 8:34 PM MST

Curiously, I'd go to Russia.
    Rural, unknown to the West, Russia.
    While much of it is still stuck in the 20th (and earlier) century(s), and before the upcoming cold war arrives to place it once again off-limits.

I often meet Russians on vacation in Europe (They like Turkey and Greece), they are a particularly offhand lot, mind you, the Germans can be like that too.
    It seems impossible to strike up conversation with anyone from Russia, even those who speak English well. I'm sure they must be more forthcoming when at home.

This post was edited by Plingsby at February 21, 2017 11:25 AM MST
      February 21, 2017 2:24 AM MST

• I've only met a few Russians (in the flesh) played chess with others on line. One guy sent me a box of Russian chocolates (all dark) one year and I responded with a box of Australian chocolate. I made the mistake of sending him a selection of milk chocolate which he didn't like as much as what he was used to. Friendly people. 
      February 21, 2017 11:28 AM MST

• Well Didge,

ima go to Australia...ever since I saw the video for one of your national songs, no doubt in my mind...also, see little Zoë before she passes out of life...bring her an umlaut in person...that kinda thing...

I seem to go walkabout every few years anyway, now I can do that in the ORIGINAL outback...learn to sing Waltzing Matilda, play the didgeridoo...riding my bicycle around Perth with a spaghetti strainer on my head....oh and that big rock you-all got there, sacred it is...
      February 21, 2017 2:49 AM MST

• You left out the Great Barrier Reef which is most definitely the prime attraction. And Zoe says 'Woof!' for the umlaut. :)
      February 21, 2017 11:37 AM MST

• Italy! Beautiful country (in pictures) and the food...oh my! I'd never leave! Ok, yes I would, I want a beach with teal water, sand, *sighs*
      February 21, 2017 5:49 AM MST

I have to agree. I've been to several countries and if I could choose just one to have seen, it would be Italy.  It has everything.
      February 21, 2017 6:11 AM MST

• Nice! 
      February 21, 2017 11:41 AM MST

Most of my travels have been to broaden my horizons. Now that it's been several years since I last went abroad, I would like re-visit some places to see how they have changed. Bejing, China is probably a lot different than it was in 1998. I also would like to go to Cuba - it has always fascinated me since Americans were not allowed to travel there. 
      February 21, 2017 6:14 AM MST

• Cuba was very popular before Fidel. Any of the Caribbean islands would be beautiful. 
      February 21, 2017 11:39 AM MST

Funny, after reading all the posts I forgot what the question was. Oh well, I re-read it. I would choose Tahiti for a vacation. I know it has changed over the years but I would want a place to truly relax. So it would be a cabana on the beach far away from everyone.
      February 21, 2017 7:23 AM MST

• When I was a kid and read Treasure Island for the first time I linked it in my my with Tahiti. Dunno why. But whenever I think of Tahiti now it brings back the mystery of the old sailing shiip days in a way that no other place ever does (for me). Nice choice, Ancient One. 
      February 21, 2017 11:40 AM MST

Did you ever hear of the Tahiti syndrome? It was prevalent in the 60s thru the 80s. Over worked and stressed out men (I never heard of a woman suffering the classic) would empty their bank accounts, sell their cars, leave their families and jobs and fly to Tahiti to live. Many wanted to and planned to but never good and fell into deep depression.
      February 23, 2017 4:21 AM MST

• No, I never heard of that. That would be tragic. 

When I was about 6 or 7 I owned a book named Peppo the Pony which was all about the grass being greener beyond the fence. I know I read it many times (I was still learning to read and it was pretty easy) but somehow that lesson stuck with me. 
      February 23, 2017 9:04 AM MST