Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Evangelicals LOVE Israel. Is it cause they love Jews, or because they believe Jews must return to Israel before the Second Coming of Christ?

Evangelicals LOVE Israel. Is it cause they love Jews, or because they believe Jews must return to Israel before the Second Coming of Christ?

Hello:

If there's so much love, why do they believe that all Jews must return to Israel and be KILLED before the Second Coming of Christ?? 

That doesn't sound like love to me...

excon

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

The Bible does not say that. Where did you hear some junk like that? 

The Bible says we are to unite the Church with the Jews. That we in fact owe the Jewish people because we are grafted in to the family. We are to bless Israel first. As they were caused to stumble that the Gentiles maybe saved. 
      February 21, 2017 7:03 AM MST

Hello my:

I certainly could be wrong..  But, when the "end times" are approaching, don't the Jews have to CONVERT or be killed???

excon
      February 21, 2017 7:25 AM MST

No. You are confused about the Antichrist and the beast of the end time. The Antichrist will join with the end time beast (the world government). He will go to the Temple (3rd temple...Not built yet) and claim to be Jesus Christ. Most of the world will believe it. And willing take the Mark of the Beast (cannot buy or sell without it) by pledging/worshipping the AC. The AC will not directly kill anyone. (Hard to claim you're Jesus if you are murdering people) But some in the lower part of the global government will. No matter what happens never take this mark...Even if it means death.  (Regardless of your religion or heritage....All will be subject to this Christians, Jews, atheist etc) 

There will be some killed at the end but these will be those who are attacking Israel. 
      February 21, 2017 8:09 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Thank you for indulging an ignorant soul. 

One more clarification...  I have a picture in my head of Christians ascending to heaven during the Rapture..

Q
    uestion:  Are ONLY Christians ascending?  What happens to those who DON'T ascend?

e
    xcon
      February 21, 2017 8:22 AM MST

First you must know,  the rapture takes place at the 2nd Coming not before or during the Tribulation. So all including Christians will be here until the end. 

Those who don't make the rapture will remain on earth. Jesus Christ will return to rule earth for the Millinium. People who were still on earth who did not take the Mark of the Beast and we're not evil will have a time of teaching and a time to decide will worship God. There will be no questions as to if God is real....Just a question of will you obey the law. 
      February 21, 2017 8:45 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Sounds like the ones left behind will be FORCED to convert.  If that's so, it doesn't LOOK like Christians love the Jews.  It looks like they're USING them as a tool.  Let me ask again, what happens to the Jews who, even after all that teaching, DON'T convert??  I think they'll be KILLED.  No?

excon
      February 21, 2017 9:00 AM MST

At the end of the Millinium is judgement day. Again for all not just Jews, Christians, etc. This post was edited by my2cents at February 21, 2017 9:08 AM MST
      February 21, 2017 9:07 AM MST

You don't understand. There is no one left behind. There is no rapture in the way you are thinking. No one is flying away. We will all be here until Jesus returns.  
    The Millinium will all will be believers. Because we will see with our own eyes. It will be about, will you love worship and obey. Nothing to do with will you be Jew, Catholic, Muslim etc....All will believe. 
      February 21, 2017 6:27 PM MST

Hello again, my:

You should excuse me, but it STILL sounds like the Jews WILL convert, because, of course, when confronted with the TRUTH, they'll just have to..

To me, my friend, that just doesn't sound like LOVE or RESPECT for the Jews..

excon
      February 21, 2017 7:38 PM MST

When Jesus returns all will know the truth. There will not be a matter of converting. There will be no more denominations, no more religions. No more believing by faith. Everyone will see and know and believe, it will only be a matter of do we want to worship and obey.... again this decision will be for all. No one has to die for Jesus Christ the Jewish Messiah to return.
      March 5, 2017 2:30 PM MST

good of you to explain YOUR understanding, but it is true, isn't it, that other Christians don't believe it will be as you have described here.

You say that "Everyone will see and know and believe" that implies that the Anti Christ will just be twiddling his thumbs.
      March 27, 2017 5:09 PM MDT

Everyone will know and believe....Yes. I am talking in the Millinium, about after Jesus returns and AC is defeated. As the Bible says EVERY KNEE will bow, EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. 
    As far as I know every Christian believes this. 
      March 27, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

Loving Jews have been PC ever since WW2. It has become a habit.

So as long as you don't criticize their "Christian faith" you should be safe ;-))
      February 21, 2017 7:41 AM MST

• It's about the prophecy fruition.  A lot of evangelicals, Mormons, and penticostals welcome the end of the world as the greatest thing to ever happen.

There's even a sizeable group of observant and non-observant Jews who aren't pro-Israel.
      February 21, 2017 11:17 AM MST

Evangelicals as well as the majority of christendm believe Israel to have God's favor. When in fact nothing could be further from the truth. (Matthew 23:37,38)
      February 21, 2017 10:26 PM MST

Some, yes.  Though I think for many it is about those who bless Israel being blessed and those who curse Israel being cursed (Genesis 12:3, Numbers 24:9).
      February 21, 2017 11:06 PM MST

Before the majority of the Jews rejected the Messiah, the Jews were a chosen people. Not so today. 
      March 3, 2017 1:32 AM MST

Your beliefs are not everyone's, texas.
      March 3, 2017 7:21 AM MST

Yes, I know that. But my beliefs are based on the Bible.

Matt. 21:42, 43: “Jesus said to them [the chief priests and the older men of the Jews in Jerusalem]: ‘Did you never read in the Scriptures, “The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes”? This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.’”
    Matt. 23:37, 38: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.”
    Does God’s covenant with Abraham give assurance that the Jews continue to be the chosen people of God?
    Gal. 3:27-29: “All of you who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.” (So, from God’s standpoint, it is no longer natural descent from Abraham that determines who are Abraham’s seed.)
    Will all the Jews be converted to faith in Christ and attain to eternal salvation?
    Rom. 11:25, 26: “I do not want you, brothers, to be ignorant of this sacred secret, in order for you not to be discreet in your own eyes: that a dulling of sensibilities has happened in part to Israel until the full number of people of the nations has come in, and in this manner [“this is how,” TEV; “thus,” CC, By; Greek, houʹtos] all Israel will be saved.” (Notice that the saving of “all Israel” is accomplished, not by conversion of all the Jews, but by the ‘coming in’ of people from Gentile nations. Some translators render verse 26: “And then after this the rest of Israel will be saved.” But A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament [Edinburgh, 1937, G. Abbott-Smith, p. 329] defines houʹtos as meaning “in this way, so, thus.”)
    To arrive at a correct understanding of what is recorded at Romans 11:25, 26, we should also take into account these earlier statements in Romans: “He is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code.” (2:28, 29) “Not all who spring from Israel are really ‘Israel.’”—9:6.
    Is it necessary for Jews to put faith in Jesus Christ in order to be saved?
    Isaiah 53:1-12 foretold the death of the Messiah ‘to bear the sins of many and to make intercession for the transgressors.’ Daniel 9:24-27 connected the coming of the Messiah and his death with ‘making an end of sin and forgiving iniquity.’ (JP) Both passages show that the Jews were in need of such intercession and forgiveness. Could they expect to reject the Messiah and have the approval of the One who sent him?
    Acts 4:11, 12: “[Regarding Jesus Christ, the apostle Peter was moved by holy spirit to say to the Jewish rulers and older men in Jerusalem:] This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’ Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Although the nation of natural Israel no longer enjoys special divine favor, the way is open to individual Jews, as it is to people of all nations, to benefit from the salvation that is made possible through Jesus the Messiah.)
      March 4, 2017 5:17 AM MST

With all due respect, texas, my statement to Autumn was about why some people support Israel.  And those who believe that do so based upon the Bible as well.  There are many interpretations of the Bible, and you are certainly entitled to believe yours.  What you cannot definitively prove is that your interpretation is the correct one.  As for me, I study things myself and do not desire your tutoring.  Have a good weekend, texas.  
      March 4, 2017 4:12 PM MST

Those that believe that believe it based upon a misunderstanding of the Bible. I believe we should take in to consideration all relevant verses in the Bible.(2 Tim 3:16) Of course reasoning from the scriptures (Acts 17:22) is redundant for a prideful or stubborn person and therefore nothing can be proved to them, but for others like myself, I prefer to worship with spirit and truth. (John 4:24)

(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,
    (Acts 17:2) So according to Paul’s custom he went inside to them, and for three sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
    (John 4:23, 24) Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”
      March 5, 2017 5:23 AM MST

Was I unclear, texas?  Again, have a good weekend.
      March 5, 2017 8:17 AM MST

You are free to leave Autumns answer anytime you want. I just get tired of ones like yourself saying that you can't prove nothing from the Bible when the scriptures are clear. If you read the Bible with an open mind perhaps you will find out that it is more than just another book. Have a good weekend.
      March 5, 2017 1:39 PM MST

Do not put words into my mouth, texas.  I neither said "you can't prove nothing from the Bible", nor that it is "just another book".  What I said was "What you cannot definitively prove is that your interpretation is the correct one."  Factually, nobody can do so.  

The scriptures may be clear to someone reading the original manuscripts who is fluent in and can read ancient Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.  Even many Bible scholars spend their entire lives studying the scriptures.  You just cited a reference book on Greek to clarify a scripture yourself.

I get tired of people, such as yourself, making unfounded assumptions about me.  
      March 5, 2017 2:42 PM MST