Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Evangelicals LOVE Israel. Is it cause they love Jews, or because they believe Jews must return to Israel before the Second Coming of Christ?

Evangelicals LOVE Israel. Is it cause they love Jews, or because they believe Jews must return to Israel before the Second Coming of Christ?

Hello:

If there's so much love, why do they believe that all Jews must return to Israel and be KILLED before the Second Coming of Christ?? 

That doesn't sound like love to me...

excon

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

Sorry, but I just gave you the scriptures proving that the fleshly Jews are no longer a chosen people and you balked at it.
      March 6, 2017 6:16 AM MST

I never even addressed the issue, texas.  Not once.  Reading things into what I say and/or making unfounded assumptions about me and my beliefs is an exercise in futility, texas.  It is also dishonest.  
      March 6, 2017 2:28 PM MST

Sorry but you sure did insinuate that the scriptures are not valid proof. As if the Bible is open to any interpretation and that any is just as valid as another and that giving the scriptures is not proof of a belief. Here's a portion of your comment to the scriptures that I posted:
     [my statement to Autumn was about why some people support Israel.  And those who believe that do so based upon the Bible as well.  There are many interpretations of the Bible, and you are certainly entitled to believe yours.  What you cannot definitively prove is that your interpretation is the correct one.]
      March 7, 2017 6:22 AM MST

I merely made a factual statement, texas.  You base your beliefs upon the Bible, as do millions of others who believe differently than you.  There have always been a myriad of interpretations of the Bible.  The doctrines of the various denominations of Christianity are all based upon someone's interpretation, yet vary widely.  Even adherents of the various denominations beliefs may vary widely, and there are often disagreements over minor points among a single congregation.  There is also an ever-increasing number of people who belong to no church, follow no man-made doctrine, and study on their own.  

You believe your interpretation is the one and only correct understanding of the scriptures.  As do many others who believe differently than you.  Who can definitively prove beyond any doubt that theirs is the correct interpretation?  No one.  

March 7, 2017 10:37 AM MST

Well said Boz.
      March 7, 2017 11:51 AM MST

Thank you, LM.
      March 7, 2017 12:23 PM MST

You are so welcome.
      March 7, 2017 1:13 PM MST

Some people on this very thread try to twist and turn people to believe the way they do.
    And they think that overloading you with scriptures will do that.
    I am happy you didn't fall for it Boz. This post was edited by Lulu'sMom at March 6, 2017 2:32 PM MST
      March 6, 2017 10:39 AM MST

You've known me a long time, LM...no one is going to affect my beliefs with such tactics.  Oddly enough, I never even stated my beliefs on this thread.  Ha ha ha!
      March 6, 2017 2:36 PM MST

Some people don't care what you believe if you don't believe the way they do.
    You can't win with people who can't see past their own nose.
      March 6, 2017 2:50 PM MST

If the scriptures are clear, then why do so many people understand them differently ? Sometimes it seems every Christian have his own bible, mostly written by himself.
      March 5, 2017 4:31 PM MST

Exactly JakobA, it's leaders of religion that present different beliefs of what the Bible teaches.
    And people will go with what makes the most sense to them.
      March 6, 2017 10:53 AM MST

The Jews are still God's chosen people. The are the only people God says ALL will be saved. (Romans 11:25-27)
    Yes the were caused to stumble on Jesus but that was for our benefit, so the Gentiles also would have a chance of salvation. We owe the Jews for that as the Bible says and we should not judge them as they are the true root we, the Gentiles are being grafted into.
      March 3, 2017 8:39 AM MST

(Matthew 23:37, 38) “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you.
    (Romans 2:27-29) And the physically uncircumcised person will, by carrying out the Law, judge you who are a transgressor of law despite having its written code and circumcision. 28 For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people.
    (Romans 9:6) However, it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.”
    (Galatians 3:29) Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.
      March 3, 2017 3:47 PM MST

Hi tex, the jewish nation to this day have to accept God's Son as the anointed messiah. When our Lord Jesus Christ was here on earth he brought attention to the fact that they were adhering more to man-made traditions, and invalidating the Sacred scriptures. (Matthew 15:9)nothing has changed since then. They adamantly as a country deny the ransom sacrifice sent from heaven. These still believe and are still waiting for his birth. How is it possible they are God's chosen people?
      March 4, 2017 6:39 PM MST

not sure why they believe that way and i come from a jewish family too
      February 22, 2017 2:43 PM MST

Return to be killed?  Never heard that.  All Jews have to return to Israel?  Never heard that either.   Should the Jews as a nation rightfully reclaim the lands God gave them?  Perhaps.   Do the Jews as a nation - no matter where they live - play an important roll in Gods plan as we draw nearer the End?   Absolutely.   Its not to die, though, or no more than any other nation
    involved in the violences of those End times.   Israel was Gods Chosen and they still are part of Gods People along with all Believers, those who in the End will be victorious.  Israel is not destined to die.    
      February 28, 2017 5:04 AM MST

interesting AK
    Prior to the creation of Israel out of Palestine the overwhelmingly vast majority of Jews had been settled for centuries in countries outside of Palestine. Those countries had become their homes for generations past. Neither they nor their forefathers had ever set foot on Palestine which was the ancestral home of Palestinians comprising 85% Muslims, 10% Christians and 5% Jews. These all lived peacefully together and with so much trust of one another that the Jews used to leave their children with the Muslims when they went for long prayer sessions [Rabbi in the video below testifies to that].

Now from a practical perspective the idea that "the Jews as a nation rightfully reclaim the lands God gave them" would lead to a great injustice. It would mean uprooting people from their ancestral land and giving that land to people who already had ancestral homes elsewhere.

Apparently it is unacceptable even from the Biblical perspective according to Orthodox Jews themselves as explained by the Rabbis in the video below who had to shout above the heckling.

March 27, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

Expecting "Logical Evangelicals" is like expecting "truthful Advertising".Why spend time looking for 'the logical reasoning' behind it? It is, to put it politely, a matter of faith.
      March 3, 2017 6:43 PM MST

• Reading this thread is like watching two geeks arguing about which is more real, The Lord of the Rings or Narnia. 
    And if in this day and age all you have is the Bible to excuse Israel's Atrocities, you might as well go ahead and move to Narnia.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 27, 2017 6:01 PM MDT
      March 6, 2017 10:58 AM MST

I came across your reply before I even saw the question it referred to.

I love your line: Reading this thread is like watching two geeks arguing about which is more real, The Lord of the Rings or Narnia.

March 6, 2017 11:18 AM MST

Evangelicals LOVE Israel. Is it cause they love Jews, or because they believe Jews must return to Israel before the Second Coming of Christ?

==========================================================================================

Evangelicals are by definition "Christians marked by militant or crusading zeal emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion" So if "Evangelicals LOVE Israel" it is likely to be with that conversion in mind.

They believe that "Jews must return to Israel before the Second Coming of Christ" which they are keen to see happen in their lifetime. They support this return irrespective of the injustice and cost in terms of human lives lost.

This belief of theirs isn't supported by Orthodox Jews who assert, as they explain in the video below, that the return must happen only AFTER the appearance of the Messiah.

March 27, 2017 6:26 PM MDT